Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be lifting my 90 RC about 2" front and rear, I just have to wait on parts to be back in stock which is going to take another month......
Will coil spring spacers that fit 94-09 ram trucks fit on my RC too? (yes its 2wd)
I noticed the bump stops in the rear are tiny, and I am wondering why dodge made them so small? I mean my leaf springs would be bending the opposite way before they hit.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, bumpstops are not there to cushion huge impacts.  They are merely there to prevent some sort of metallic "clang" or horrid "thump" when your axle articulates.  They are not intended to be a secondary spring, or worse, a second shock absorber.  The stock bumpstops are more than adequate for the job but if you plan on prerunner jumping your Ramcharger, you are going to need a lot more than a bigger bumpstop.  If in normal driving you are on the bumpstops often, you are either driving way too fast for the road or your springs have sagged to the point that you have very little suspension travel.  As for the newer style fitting, I have no idea, but there are tons of various aftermarket bumpstops in many different designs and many different materials.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Elwenil said:
If in normal driving you are on the bumpstops often, you are either driving way too fast for the road or your springs have sagged to the point that you have very little suspension travel.
Or he's using it the way pretty much every dodge owner uses a truck... Loaded till the axle is against the bumpstops (or the frame, if the bumpstops are missing) :p

·
Registered
29,344 Posts
{stupid}been there done that

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
need$$ said:
I'm going to be lifting my 90 RC about 2" front and rear, I just have to wait on parts to be back in stock which is going to take another month......
Will coil spring spacers that fit 94-09 ram trucks fit on my RC too? (yes its 2wd)
I noticed the bump stops in the rear are tiny, and I am wondering why dodge made them so small? I mean my leaf springs would be bending the opposite way before they hit.
Ive done a little reaserch on this for my 76 D200. Depending on how stiff you want the front you can run a 1ton front coil wich has a load hieght of 13.xx" and factory halfton and light 3/4s load hieght is 11.xx" You can use the coils spacer aswell so its not as stiff. But if you want more lift I found that 94 up stock 4wd coils are the ticket for me. The load hieght is 15". in the how to section here they do just what youve aske
http://ramchargercentral.com/articles/steering-amp-suspension/lifting-the-front-of-a-2wd-dodge-ramcharger/51

1 - 5 of 5 Posts