Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to get on this soon, since Ram Jam will be here sooner than we think.

I assume we will have levels of donations, kinda like the levels of sponsorship? Again, Twister you are our ringleader on this subject, what do you think?

I know a set amount donated constitutes an entry into a raffle. What else?

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We are going to create a Ram Jam Fund so we can track how much cash we have for Ram Jam. Our goal is to reach $1500 before the event. Of coarse with sponsors supplies, that number could drastically be reduced.

It will be basically the same as site donations. I will create a new donations link for PayPal, and snail mail will just need to be stated as a Ram Jam contribution.

We will have all of the details once we figure out some guidelines.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Guys, I am currently (as we speak...er, type) working on the Letter of Request for the sponsors as well as the Sponsorship Opportunities form.

Once I get those completed, I will begin on the individual registration information.

Sam, I have some questions/issues we need to address before making this public. I'll include those in an email to you when I send you these documents for your approval.

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Twister said:
Guys, I am currently (as we speak...er, type) working on the Letter of Request for the sponsors as well as the Sponsorship Opportunities form.

Once I get those completed, I will begin on the individual registration information.

Sam, I have some questions/issues we need to address before making this public. I'll include those in an email to you when I send you these documents for your approval.
Thanks Jalene, your the best!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Twister said:

Twister,
I'd love to get a copy of it if possible. I'd like to see what can be done here where i'm at.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Twister.....know you're probably pretty busy, but we could also use a copy of the letter of request....have a few potential sponsors here, but do not want to approach them without the letter....
Thanks
Shannon

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Twister, you need a free tshirt and matching hat!!

You are the woman!

8) ;D

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I know we are going to be getting stuff from sponsors, since we practically have 3 already and haven't even official asked anyone.

So should we have different levels of Ram Jam donations, like $X to $XX donation gets you into this raffle, while $xx to $xxx donations gets you into this one? Or maybe just a for every $10 you donate you get an entry into our raffle that consists of alot of stuff that will be given out?

The raffle prizes will be an ongoing thing since as we gain sponsors down the road they can possibly be contributing to it.

We are past our year mark so we need to start building funds.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I was thinking when I was doing a job in NO the other day, and it hit me. FOOD SPONSORS.

Down here, Coke, Pepsi, Dominos, etc. will sponsor ANYTHING! School functions, neighborhood parades, boyscouts, grand openings, b-day parties, etc., why not this one! think of the people that would like a cold beer or coke. How about a hot meal? It would have to be done in the area of the event, but why not? Dominos splits the money made - Coke gives a percent of the take - Thats down here, but it should work there too.

If that wont work, call a lunch truck. Private caterrers(sp) should bite if noone else does.

Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Make teh raffles the same levels as the sponsors, but make the levels a bit lower. Make each donation like the sponsor levels, buy drop the last 0.

IE:
$10 donation gets you a ticket for the $0 - $100 sponsor
$11 - $40 donation gets you a ticket for the $101 - $400 sponsor

If someone gives over say $100, thats worth any combination teh doner wants.

Just a thought . . . .

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Sam's latter idea of an additional raffle ticket for every $10 donated seems like an easier and more feasible idea that would work better for everyone. On the flip side, an individual may be more inclined to donate in the triple digits if they had more of an initiative, such as instead of the standard 10 tickets for a $100 donation, they'd get say 15 tickets for $100 or something like that. I'm sure somebody understands what I'm trying to get across here. I think, however, that maybe it'd be less of a headache for whomever handles the raffles to divide one's donation by ten and just hand them their tickets.

Now, forgive my ignorance here, but is this directed as a fund raiser for RJ03 ahead of time so that members from all over the country could participate and receive their prizes via snail mail, or is this for members who will actually be attending RJ03 to receive their prizes there? Perhaps I have just missed the entire plate here...it's very possible :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think $10 is a good number. I the raffle should be kept simple. like the latter part of Sam' s post:

Or maybe just a for every $10 you donate you get an entry into our raffle that consists of alot of stuff that will be given out?

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would have to say that the flat donation rate for entry into the raffle would probably be the best. Some members aren't as well off as others, so they won't be able to pitch in that extra money to get to the upper levels. But, the fact that they donated should still merit them a chance at one of the larger prizes. That's my take on it anyways.....

Randall

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Alright, so the $10/ticket is gonna be paid through a RJ donation correct? Say we bump that up to $12 on RJ weekend...that would give alot of members incentive to get their tickets early.

And I think the mailing of raffle prizes is an awesome idea as it will allow people that cannot attend to still participate. Maybe we could have the raffle #'s show up on the site as they're called?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I think that's a good idea ilusion... I also think that a minimum of ten bucks would be good for the raffle tix. I would be willing to help Sam in any way that I can with these raffles. Whatever you'd like me to do. I'd like to be able to do something so I can doubly justify coming to Ram Jam :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
dodge88 said:
I would have to say that the flat donation rate for entry into the raffle would probably be the best. Some members aren't as well off as others, so they won't be able to pitch in that extra money to get to the upper levels. But, the fact that they donated should still merit them a chance at one of the larger prizes. That's my take on it anyways.....

Randall
I agree..... Everyone should have the equal opportunity.

{smoke}

Had

1 - 17 of 17 Posts