Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, chapter buddies, now that it's cooling off, lets do some meeting, greeting, and trail beating.

Let's do...Moab, Crown King, Trail 42, Superstitions, Camino del Diablo, what else? Let's also do the Pavilions a time or two for the mall crawlers :) Let's do some trail out west so RC_Luver can get in on it.

There's also a neat place I saw out east, flying, called Eagle Creek. Looked like fun, over by Clifton.

Who's with me?? :)

Moab is scheduled, Camino is scheduled, we usually do CK in November, let's do the Supers after that, and trail 42 after that.

I'm getting re-energized after a long, hot, hard summer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Count me in. By the way when is the Camino trip set to take place? ;D I'm not sure what/where Trail 42 is, but you can count me in for that one too.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Camino is scheduled for the last weekend in October. It's a Halloween trip....there may be some costumes involved...

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I was totally ready to tackle Moab, and after getting let down, I'm even more psyched for CK, and whatever. The RC is much more reliable coming into this winter, so bring it on!

One of these days fellas, I'll met ya, one of these days!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmmmm....Rubicon.......:)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
GunPilot said:
Geez, you are getting cocky after all those mods to the Ramus!!

What's after the Rube.....Our own RCC Ultimate Adventure? One week, 1,000 miles, and 10 trails or something??? :eek:

;D ;D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having insane amounts of traction will do that to you. I highly recommend it.

Actually, I was thinking about that Ultimate Adventure...once I get that overdrive tranny put in...;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Won't be able to do the Camino, my youngest is just starting to get into all these different holidays. Trail 42, CK and others I should be able to make.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This just in - the Camino date has moved to 8,9,10 November. Can you make it then Joe?

We had to move the date because me and GW have drill on the 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I showed my wife the pictures from the last time you guys and gals went, she wants to go this time. Now, anyone know how to, or where to get a set of 3.90 gears installed in my Rc.? ( I have a good idea, but don't have a bearing puller or a press )

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
www.4wheelers.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
We are looking to possible do trail 42 on oct 19. I know alot of people are going to moab the week before, so if you don't make it we are going again in nov or dec. The trail takes about 4 to 5 hours depending on breakes and how much we bs.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We might be able to...depends on what we tear up in Moab...

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Let me know some general directions to Camino, CK, etc. cause I will likely make at least one of them. I do work nights every other weekend, so it's gonna be hit and miss, but I'm hanging in there. For example, on 8-10 Nov, I can make 10th only, but it's not totally out.
Being a critical care RN in the heart of snow bird country over winter makes for a fat wallet, but terrible for having fun. ::)
Mike

·
Registered
343 Posts
baumer said:
We are looking to possible do trail 42 on oct 19. I know alot of people are going to moab the week before, so if you don't make it we are going again in nov or dec. The trail takes about 4 to 5 hours depending on breakes and how much we bs.
I won't be able to make it, maybe Nov or Dec. I'll be driving my truck my father-in-law gave me down from WA.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Can anyone summarize the plans to date and general directions for CK, trail 42, etc?

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Right now, Camino is on hold due to schedule conflicts. CK we usually do in November, some time. Second week or so. Trail 42 - pretty much anytime - it's a short run.

Camino de Diablo starts in Ajo, AZ, and comes out in Wellton AZ. Runs along just north of the border, south of the Barry Goldwater Range complex. It's a three day, two night trip.

Crown King starts at Lake Pleasant, and ends up in ... Crown King. It's an overnighter.

Trail 42 - I'm not sure, have not run it, Joe has. I think it's over by Bartlett Lake. Help me out Joe.

·
Registered
343 Posts
GunPilot said:
Right now, Camino is on hold due to schedule conflicts. CK we usually do in November, some time. Second week or so. Trail 42 - pretty much anytime - it's a short run.

Camino de Diablo starts in Ajo, AZ, and comes out in Wellton AZ. Runs along just north of the border, south of the Barry Goldwater Range complex. It's a three day, two night trip.

Crown King starts at Lake Pleasant, and ends up in ... Crown King. It's an overnighter.

Trail 42 - I'm not sure, have not run it, Joe has. I think it's over by Bartlett Lake. Help me out Joe.
Yes, it is by Bartlett Lake. You don't have to pay if you run the trail from my previous trips there with Baumer. We meet up at the pay station and then hit the trail.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts