Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new leaf springs , rears to begin with . Any suggestions on where to get them, i don't need a lift just stock springs!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I were to get them from pull a part, what years would be compatible with m '87?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Just look at how many leafs are in your pack. Most dodge trucks interchange. The only difference seems to be the number of leaves. There are different loads iirc, but if you stick to the same # of leaves as well as class of truck (1/2 ton, 3/4, etc) you should expect to be able to easily play legos with them. But a can of kroil or p blaster/wd 40 helps  ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,034 Posts
I got a new set at Espo.com.  I am very happy with them.  I thought about used ones but was concerned they'd sag as bad (if not worse) than the ones I was replacing.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
ToxicDoc said:
I got a new set at Espo.com. I am very happy with them. I thought about used ones but was concerned they'd sag as bad (if not worse) than the ones I was replacing.
{yes} very true. If they have been under a working truck for the past 30 years, then the springs will give very easily. Personally, I would get a new set if this were a concern. However, if you are on a strict budget, you might consider going 'up" in class springs. ie: if you have a 1/2 ton, grab a set from under a 3/4 ton. You can always pull the short leaf. ;)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
OldGreyRamcharger said:
Anyways, to answer the question 72 - 93 springs will bolt in
From a RC or W150 wll fit. W250 and W350 will fit too, but I doubt you want the stiffer ride.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts