Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background:

I am happy to say that I just purchased a dana 60/dana 70 matched set of axles for my 1988 ramcharger. My ramcharger currently has a four inch suspension lift with springs all the way around (no blocks). Now the reason that I am upgrading axles isn't to make a big 4x4 out of my ramcharger, its because this is step one of an eventual engine swap to a 2nd gen 12 valve cummins.

So here is my question:

Since I don't actually pick up my donor rig for another two weeks I can't actually check this myself. Can someone tell me what the spring width is on a '92 Dodge 250 Cummins 4x4, I'm curious if I can just use my old factory springs with the new axles or if I need to find some Dodge 250 gas engine springs?

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm excited to get this swap done. I intend to swap some disk brakes onto the dana 70 as soon as I can. The cummins swap will be whenever other priorities and funding allow. For the time being I have a 318 with about 24k miles on it mated up to a 4-speed.

·
Vendor
11,515 Posts
They are 2 1/2" wide. For the 6BT you are going to need a little heaver spring up front or add in a few extra liefs to carry the weight of the 6BT. I think it weights in at around 1100 lbs. If you need HD bushings or spring plates check out my HD stuff in the vendors section.
Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts