Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked everywhere on this site and cannot find a good part number to save my life.  The auto part stores around here only carry 1" and 1.5" generic leaf spring bushings.  I did want to put polly bushings in but can't even find those.  It seems the rear leaf springs have 1.25" hole and everything i see looks to be 1.5".

Also looking to do shackle flip with spare mounts off donor truck.  What would be a good replacement shackle?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
29,317 Posts
the dodge dealer has shackels # 2909-367

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response!!

340Shorty... the part number didn't quite match.

Dodgeboy... i'll try the dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
29,317 Posts
how did you make out with the shackels

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also got the bushing in the mail yesterday. they say they are for the front... ???  We will see how well they fit in the rear springs... if i can get the old ones out.  Need to pick up a set of torches and burn them suckers... a press that i have actually bent. so i won't be using that anymore.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah the rears are 1-1/4" and the fronts are 1" apparently nobody has the 1-1/4" bushings... i'll try and CALL summit for the exchange.  i'm surprised this is such a hard thing to get.

...too bad its not a ford(everyone carrys their parts)

Seems that dodges are never fixed and driven into the ground so nobody will carry parts for them.

If anbody has a part# for the rear spring bushings please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Im sorry for the misinformation..
My Energy Suspension book shows the 5-2102 for the front and rear springs, but i didnt see the foot notes that that specifies that they fit the  1" eyes. I cant fin any listing for the 1 1/4 eyes.......

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both part numbers are wrong.  They are for 1" spring eyes, i don't know if my ramcharger is special but i have 1.25" eyes.  Seems that no competent suspension company makes 1.25" bushings, not even in their universal applications.

What do you guys do when you need bushings for your ramchargers....just don't ever replace them???

I guess i could come out the pocket and spend 5x more for a lift kit than i did for the truck... but thats almost as bad as putting $2000 rims on a $200 vehicle... around here thats... well thats just a reason to laugh at someone.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I just put a set of the 5-2102s in the front of my 87 RC. they fit just fine... 

are your springs stock or aftermarket?  that may make a difference..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats the problem... im working with the REAR springs....  the front springs have 1" eyes and the rears have 1.25" eyes from what i've found on several different trucks.

They are also stock.

·
Registered
914 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks gerhart, i'm working on getting those now.  I could not find anything reasonable for my life.

Also going to the dealer to see if they have the shackles, i'm bringing the old one with me so no mistakes.

Next i need to find some grease-able grade 8 bolts, i think i saw part numbers in a topic somewhere...

again, thanks for all the help, appreciate it!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts