Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ahead of myself here since I'm not picking up my truck till tonight, but one of the problems with it is the passanger side door latch. It seams sometimes when you open the door, the door opens fine, but the latch doesn't stay in the "catch" position. So when you try to close the door, the latch is closed and just its the latch pin. You have to push the latch back open to get the door to close correctly. Is this like a worn out spring or something? What normally causes this problem?

While I'm at it, the same door doesn't roll the window up all the way. You can hear the motor running, but you have to push the window up by hand. I'm guessing this is just a worn nylon worm gear on the motor?

-Dan

·
29,381 Posts
As far as the latch goes, it is most likely a broken spring on the inner door handle itself. Mine used to do this and the spring was the problem. Just pull on your inner door handle and see if it feels as spingy as the other side (assuming the other side works).
I suppose bound up linkage within the door could cause this too, but not as likely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts