Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there were any plans in the works for Labor day. I have 4 days off, from friday evening until wednesday morning, and was wanting to get up to the mountains for a little camping and fishing. Anyone know of some good spots? Any thoughts on the subject? Let me know.
Chris.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far so good. Anyone else up for it? We also need to decide on a place to meet and or camp at. My wife is suggesting Lake Mary in Flagstaff. Anyone else have an idea?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The place isn't set yet. I'm looking for ideas though. I would like to get someplace cool(temp wise) for the weekend. I'm open to suggestions. I was hoping to get some fishing in, but if that doesn't happen I won't be too upset. Do we have any chapter members up in that neck of the woods that might have an idea?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I will check this post occasionally to see what you folks plan but I would only be up for something around the Phoenix area. And even that is a maybe; have some home improvements (honey do list) that I will be working on.

I am looking forward to cooler weather and some day trips going 4x4 this fall. ;D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, whatever we decide to do , we need need to figure it out soon. The weekend will be here before you know it. I'm going to be heading up that way anyhow, I just thought it would be cool to finally meet some of the other members around here. No pressure. :p

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey, my wife and I are always up for campin up north out of the heat. I gotta say, though, with her bein pregnant and feeling woozy a lot, it's always a maybe these days. We also have a trip to Montana next Tues, so that makes it worse. But I'll see what she thinks about it. We dig the rim AWAY from the lakes! plenty of places away from crowds if you stay off the lakes. Whether we go or not, I could give you some places on the rim, right on the cliff...beautiful views!

·
Registered
329 Posts
So you're coming up here to Mayer huh? The "Heart of Arizona" at least that what it says on the sign as you head into town. I've done one trail that starts on the south side of Mayer it's called the Mayer-Goodwin Road, you don't need 4wd but it was still a nice drive. I've got to work from Thurs-Mon, so I won't be doing much this weekend. I was a little late checking this site so by the time you read this you'll probably already be up here. If so then I'm sorry I missed you maybe we can get together another time. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, since the responses have been low on this topic, the wife and I decided to go to Julian, CA and camp there. She has school on saturday and I have to be back in town by tuesday afternoon and that works out better for us as it's closer(by 2-3 hours). We'll definitely have to plan something way more in advance like the CK run is being done. BTW, how would that trail be for a stock '02 Jeep Liberty 4x4? I might be able to make that one if everything works out. Sorry about not getting on this sooner. I'll know better for next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts