5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
;D

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mopar Man said:
That looks awesome. How about some info and specs on them!?

Jimmy
I'll get around to that soon for ya Jimmy. Hope to get some up-dated pictures of the 81 on soon. Complete frame up re-do.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
What lift are on those springs?
Is blue and red the same truck?
It's tuff! I like it a lot. I want my truck to be as big as red someday soon(when I can afford it!)

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dunner said:
It's tuff! I like it a lot. I want my truck to be as big as red someday soon(when I can afford it!)
Nope....two different trucks.
Blue is a 81 shortbox, 440,727,203,Dana 60 front with a Trac-lok, Dana 60 rear with a Detroit, 4:10's, cross-over steering, 8" Superlift springs, 3" exhaust, Warn x9000i winch, 2001 60/40 leather seat.
The pictures are not current, hope to have some updated ones soon.

Red is a 92 long box,1 ton diesel frame, 12" Superlift springs in front, 10" in rear, all spring mounts dropped 6" ( front not shown), 440, 727,divorced 205.
Truck is on a very built 60 front and 70 rear, 4:88's in these pictures. Those axles are coming out( still new, never run) and are being replaced with 2.5 ton Rockwells and 48" Terra tires. So far this truck has been 11 years in the making :p

The dually is pretty much stock....Cummins, auto, SLT plus, basically full load. Only add-ons so far is the ARE cover and the Boss running boards. Has the small chip in it too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nope....two different trucks.
Blue is a 81 shortbox, 440,727,203,Dana 60 front with a Trac-lok, Dana 60 rear with a Detroit, 4:10's, cross-over steering, 8" Superlift springs, 3" exhaust, Warn x9000i winch, 2001 60/40 leather seat.
The pictures are not current, hope to have some updated ones soon.

Red is a 92 long box,1 ton diesel frame, 12" Superlift springs in front, 10" in rear, all spring mounts dropped 6" ( front not shown), 440, 727,divorced 205.
Truck is on a very built 60 front and 70 rear, 4:88's in these pictures. Those axles are coming out( still new, never run) and are being replaced with 2.5 ton Rockwells and 48" Terra tires. So far this truck has been 11 years in the making :p
Wow :eek: ;D :eek:Both those trucks are brutal i seen the pics the first couple of days i joined didnt realize they were yours.I saved the blue one for my pic file which also doubles for my screen saver.In the blue one with the 8"susp how did the driveshafts work out anything special?As you know the skyjacker 8" in my sites for next year.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The blue truck is still under construction. What is helping me with my driveshafts is that I am using 1410 yokes. My angles are all within 2 degrees and not too extreme. I'm not doing anything to the rear shaft...it was new 2 years ago and already has a long travel slip joint. The front still needs to be made and I hope to have it done without the CV joint. It will be an inch or two longer then stock.
I took a bunch of pictures this weekend so hopefully I can add them soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That would be exellent more pics the better.Any info, pics i can get my hands on before i jump into this 8" deal the better.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up 4 Goodyear 48"x31"x20" Super Terra Grips for the red truck today!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Kyot.........On the blue truck....What springs did u use for the rear?

to get your 8" lift like the front....

I was told to go with Chevy Superlift 01-322 8" rears.....What did u do...

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That number sounds familar. They should measure 52" , eye to eye. Those ones keep the wheel pretty much centered in the wheelwell.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Added a couple of rebuild pics for the Blue truck, a pic of my 92 Cummins, and some shots of my 89 W150.

·
Registered
178 Posts
awsome as always keep the pics a coming ;D

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Added a couple more

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Which one? The blue truck or red truck? The Blue one will be somewhere near 6'. Hope to have the red truck mocked up in the next month. It's just under 7' on the dana's and stock tires.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts