229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another view...

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's mostly stock, but looks (inside&out) and runs like new. Modifications include MSD superwires & off road coil, K&N air filter, Flowmaster, Procomp shocks & stabilizer, KC and Unity off road lighting, 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Warn winch bumper, Drawtite reciever, Audiobahn sound system, Galaxy 99 CB, Palomar kicker, Wilson 5000 antenna, and a Freightliner "swingplate". She came stock with a roll bar. A/C blows nice and cold.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
This RC is as sweet as it looks! I have seen it w/ my own eyes! I met Kodiak at a local coffie shop ans we talked for bout 4 hours ;D And his rig is sweet!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Kodiak,
That light you have by the drivers side door did that come with the truck??? Cause I've been looking for them to put on my rig....I want to get two of them one for either side,for spoting deer... Do they go through the rail there in between the door and the window? Sorry for the questions 101..Just wanting to find out a little more about those things because I want some...

·
5,137 Posts
That truck looks clean as hell man.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You for the compliments RAM79 and Trailduster79! :)
Dramtough, that spotlight is a Unity Model No.325GM. Although alot of ex-gov. RC's came with spotlights, mine didn't have one when I bought it. I ordered mine through my local NAPA auto supply store. They run about $93 each and you also will need to get installation kit #27 for the driver's side, and installation kit #27R for the passangerside. Installation kits cost $24 each. The light mounts on the fixed "A" pillar on either side of the windshield. It won't interfere with the door on RC applications. The light is 6" diameter and provides 160,000 candlepower of light. If you order one through NAPA, they will have to look it up in the Grote Lighting catolog.
Also, check out Unity's web site at: www.unityusa.com/products/htm :D

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thanks Kodiak I've been trying to find those light kits for a R/C.. thank you for the part numbers and everything...
Brian

·
Registered
453 Posts
Extremely clean and nice looking R/C. Nice touch with the wheels and blacked out bumper!

;D

Had

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliment Had, You've got a nice lookin' RC yourself. I like the way you blacked out the headlight bezels and surrounding grillwork, then integrated it with the two tone paint job. Gives it a cleaner, more aggressive look. I might see your RC driving on I-5 one of these days because I'm in Oregon twice a week in an eighteenwheeler. I'll blink my lights if I see you. (I can't honk the horn because it would wake my co-driver up, LOL) I always keep my eyes peeled for other RC's since their not as common as Broncos and Blazers. If you have a CB, I go by Kodiak on channel 17. 8)

·
5,137 Posts
Where did you get that front bumper from?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I'm not mistaken, it was purchased and installed by the State of California when the truck was new. The truck was originally owned by the Deparment of General Services Telecomunications Radio Maintenance Shop in Alturas CA.(Long name, huh? LOL) It was used to inspect underground cable. It also came equipped with a Warn winch. I bought it from the second owner back in '99. He had used it for his personal truck to drive around to check up on job sites for his electrical contracting business. He had the RC and a fleet of vans. When he sold the truck to me, he had removed the winch :\'(, and put it on an early Power Wagon. The RC was still a Hell of a deal because it had been fleet maintained all of it's life. That's one of the next things I'd like to purchase, a good winch. Probably a Warn. The bumper was the only thing that was not stock when I bought the truck. It even came with skinny steel wheels and small skinny tires.

·
Registered
676 Posts
hey like the rc especialy the paint with the black rims. just wondering what size tires are on there and is there anything done to the suspension?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliment Pete. The tires are 31x10.50R15 Dunlop Radial RV Rovers. The suspension is stock. ;D

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
what else can i say but that is one sharp looking rig Kodiak. that was i had hoped my yellow r/c would have looked like but rust killed it before i could get caught up.hope your stays that clean for a long time.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the compliment Bigblue!!! Sorry to hear about the rust eating up your yellow RC. I inspect mine all the time for rust. Even though the paint on mine was good enough for the pics featured above, the clearcoat had begun to come off the hood and roof. So as this is written, Victoria is in the paintshop, being sanded down to metal and repainted the same color. Family and friends think I'm a fanatic about how I treat my RC, but especially since Dodge stopped making them, I'm going to make every effort to keep mine in cherry condition. The RC you have featured on your post is really awesome. If it's as clean as it looks in the pics, you definitely have something to brag about. (see my coments about the tilt frontend on your site) :D

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
hey Kodiak

i know what you mean about people thinking your nuts for spending that much time effort and money on the rc. when i first bought yellow she didn't have much rust, the paint still had gloss to it and it had a killer looking set of turbines. i was singel then so i spent evry sunday working on it , cleaning it swooning over it!! just could not keep up with the repairs though, the cops sure wern't gentel to the old girl.then the rust realy got a hold of her one winter and that was it. she's going to a good home though, giving to a good freind as a late weeding gift, he plans on rebuilding her completly, yeah!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

read a lot of your post to others about their rigs, nice to see someone really genuwine for a change, it's cool that you've taken the time to respond to evryones posts. maybye we'll run into each other at ram jam a few years down the road

so from a tire man to a trucker, may your runs be puncture free
latter

tom

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
That is one nice RC Kodiak! And thanks for the spotlight info, my truck is a ex-government vehicle, and I've been wanting
do something with the hole in the pillar ;D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BigBlue: Thank you for the compliments and best wishes. One of these days, I'd like to attend a Ram Jam. Hopefully we will be able to meet. 8)

ninety1PowerRam: Glad I could help with the Unity Spotlight info. Also, those are some killer pics you sent of your Ram in mudbogging action! I showed them to a friend who's into wheeling, and a newly converted Mopar man (ex Chebby and rice burning truck owner). He was also very impressed. ;D

·
Registered
844 Posts
Very kewl-enjoy

Larry

1 - 20 of 73 Posts