Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there. '79 D150, 5.9L auto and a 4 barrel.
I am looking for the throttle cable and kickdown mount bracket that goes on the left rear of the intake. Also I need the flat bar going from throttle shaft to the kickdown pivot, the kickdown rod itself and all 3 carb springs. I could actually use 2 complete sets.

Me in Colorado.

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it the 3 piece linkage or the ONE piece linkage
I might have to go with 3 piece. I found the bracket from a 383 puts the throttle cable at the correct spot, but the kickdown is the issue. I might have the weld in a 1" section of the rod to account for the 1" spacer and weld in another to account for the carb in a different location as moved forward a tad. At this point me not too sure. It's a Holley 4160 I put on and using the stock mopar throttle attacher rod thingy.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Give LOKAR a look. I installed the throttle and kickdown cables and never looked back. I have a 77 360 that was converted to a 4bbl Edelbrock from a 2bbl.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I personally prefer the OEM kickdown setup, and I have a Lokar setup on a 360 Duster. I will NEVER buy the lokar setup for a mopar again, it's an example of a product that can be made to work for a mopar that they decided to re-label and sell to mopar guys. it's biggest problem is the lack of 1:1 travel with the throttle. Bouchillon's kit solves all of that. Products: TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I personally prefer the OEM kickdown setup, and I have a Lokar setup on a 360 Duster. I will NEVER buy the lokar setup for a mopar again, it's an example of a product that can be made to work for a mopar that they decided to re-label and sell to mopar guys. it's biggest problem is the lack of 1:1 travel with the throttle. Bouchillon's kit solves all of that. Products: TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering
Hmmm... I have not had any issues with my Lokar setup. The throttle response is good and it kicks down when I tell it to.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hmmm... I have not had any issues with my Lokar setup. The throttle response is good and it kicks down when I tell it to.

that's the second biggest problem, is that they work for some, but then get others nowhere and that's because of the different carburetor linkages and different length throttle valve shafts on transmissions. On the carburetor side, if you can get it exactly opposite in length and 180 degrees from the pivot point on the carburetor from the accelerator cable, it's easier to get right on the throttle valve lever and is just a matter of drilling a hole (if need be) on the throttle valve lever side of where it needs to be to achieve the exact same pull distance as the carburetor side.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
that's the second biggest problem, is that they work for some, but then get others nowhere and that's because of the different carburetor linkages and different length throttle valve shafts on transmissions. On the carburetor side, if you can get it exactly opposite in length and 180 degrees from the pivot point on the carburetor from the accelerator cable, it's easier to get right on the throttle valve lever and is just a matter of drilling a hole (if need be) on the throttle valve lever side of where it needs to be to achieve the exact same pull distance as the carburetor side.
I bought the kickdown cable, the throttle cable, and the bracket and springs package that were all made to fit and work with the Eddy. So maybe that is why mine worked well?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I bought the kickdown cable, the throttle cable, and the bracket and springs package that were all made to fit and work with the Eddy. So maybe that is why mine worked well?
probably....I've never used a non-OE accelerator cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.