Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Kevin Hart's wreck was in a '70 Cuda

3K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  KurtfromLaQuinta 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What a jackwagon!  :mad:

#3 ·
How does one total a car on a straightaway? 

#5 ·
712edf said:
;D By turning left through a fence & down into a ravine it appears.

Bucky
Indeed.
It appears to be a Hellcat transplant.
I can see one of those infuriating shift knobs on the console that I have in my 2017 Durango.
Dodge's biggest blunder in recent history. ;D
It's probably the reason for the sudden left turn into the fence.

#6 ·
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
I can see one of those infuriating shift knobs on the console that I have in my 2017 Durango.
Amen to that, the computer behind the knob is what makes it an even bigger disaster.

I suspect the Engine/Trans transplant didn't include the traction control that the factory built Hellcat's get, thus unless you know how to handle the power, it will get away from you.

#7 ·
W_A_Watson_II said:
Amen to that, the computer behind the knob is what makes it an even bigger disaster.

I suspect the Engine/Trans transplant didn't include the traction control that the factory built Hellcat's get, thus unless you know how to handle the power, it will get away from you.
We got the update recall for the computer that makes the Durango go into Park automatically when you open the door.
Evidently people were neglecting turning that stupid knob into Park, then running themselves over.
Give me a shifter handle for crying out loud.
I pretty sure they eliminated those knobs in subsequent years.

#8 ·
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
I agree, what blew my mind was on the Pickups they put the rotary shift knob where the previous trucks had the rotary 4x4 knob. Try shifting out of 4WD and find you shifted to park, then quickly shift back to D and discover the computer says, he wait he's an idiot I won't shift out of park till he shifts back, waits an appropriate time then shifts back to D!

#9 ·
kids who are 12 today will have no problem with that when they drive , but 20 somethings today don't steal stick shift auto's because they can't drive a stick ..... or so the 40 somethings tell me LOL

#10 ·
W_A_Watson_II said:
I agree, what blew my mind was on the Pickups they put the rotary shift knob where the previous trucks had the rotary 4x4 knob. Try shifting out of 4WD and find you shifted to park, then quickly shift back to D and discover the computer says, he wait he's an idiot I won't shift out of park till he shifts back, waits an appropriate time then shifts back to D!
Hate the knob!
AND after we bought our Durango (had to order it because nobody had what we wanted), they started offering way better colors in '18!
So the wife said "Let's get another one so we can get Destroyer Gray!"
I considered it to also get rid of THE KNOB!
AND get an SRT!
But I really love the one we have. We need to use it up first.

#11 ·
Automatics.  As Bill The Cat would say, "ACK!"

{gloating}

;D

#12 ·
Elwenil said:
Automatics. As Bill The Cat would say, "ACK!"

{gloating}

;D
Yeah I know how you feel about auto's.
I prefer them.
I have always outperformed any manual off road with my 727.
Pretty much just out maneuver them.
The only flaw with an auto is downhills.
I fixed that issue a long time ago with a "Low Band Apply" valve body.

#13 ·
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
Indeed.
It appears to be a Hellcat transplant.
It's probably the reason for the sudden left turn into the fence.
Well, the shifter is back for 2019, a least for a while. We just bought the R/T model. Love it! Would have liked the SRT, but the price tag difference was too big to suit both of us. I know, you only live once...

#14 ·
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
We got the update recall for the computer that makes the Durango go into Park automatically when you open the door.
Evidently people were neglecting turning that stupid knob into Park, then running themselves over.
I pretty sure they eliminated those knobs in subsequent years.
Knob or shifter is the same. My '14 Jeep will put you in park if you roll it forward with the door open. The issue hit major news when Anton Yelchin (Checkov in the modern Star Trek movies) died when his car rolled him.

#15 ·
but hey them engineers made auto's think for you because it's safer .....

#17 ·
dodge82273 said:
but hey them engineers made auto's think for you because it's safer .....
...they made cars that 'think' for humans because many humans would flat out die otherwise, and they'd take a lot of innocent drivers and passengers with them. Those people - what I call the 'half' (half of everyone on the roads is like this), are uncapable of maneuvering a vehicle otherwise - they have absolutely no situational awareness of their surroundings nor any ability to actually be in command of their vehicle - they're just along for the ride and...wait was that a new text?!! They don't know where the gas actually goes nor what it's for other than making it 'go', no concept of tire pressure or how much room per side is left when their vehicle in in a particular lane, no concept of using signals to indicate a lane change - only to signal after starting the lane change and therefore 'complying' - without lane assist they would simply drift out of their lane and yet blame anyone or anything else for a collision - a literal moron, and IMO should not be behind any wheel attached to a 4000-7000lb rolling weapon.

oh...and those same auto manufacturers have a convenient 'accept' button on the touchscreen you have to touch, thereby removing themselves from any/all liability when anyone wrecks their shit and tries to blame the auto makers for not preventing the wreck...

...and everyone reading this is on a web forum dedicated to 'knowing' their machinery and therefore not part of the 'half'... - go RCC - long live the smart half {cool}

#18 ·
Mad Max said:
...they made cars that 'think' for humans because many humans would flat out die otherwise, and they'd take a lot of innocent drivers and passengers with them. Those people - what I call the 'half' (half of everyone on the roads is like this), are uncapable of maneuvering a vehicle otherwise - they have absolutely no situational awareness of their surroundings nor any ability to actually be in command of their vehicle - they're just along for the ride and...wait was that a new text?!! They don't know where the gas actually goes nor what it's for other than making it 'go', no concept of tire pressure or how much room per side is left when their vehicle in in a particular lane, no concept of using signals to indicate a lane change - only to signal after starting the lane change and therefore 'complying' - without lane assist they would simply drift out of their lane and yet blame anyone or anything else for a collision - a literal moron, and IMO should not be behind any wheel attached to a 4000-7000lb rolling weapon.

oh...and those same auto manufacturers have a convenient 'accept' button on the touchscreen you have to touch, thereby removing themselves from any/all liability when anyone wrecks their shit and tries to blame the auto makers for not preventing the wreck...

...and everyone reading this is on a web forum dedicated to 'knowing' their machinery and therefore not part of the 'half'... - go RCC - long live the smart half {cool}
Man do i agree with that!

#20 ·
90, definitely 90.

#21 ·
I drove newer Ford pick-ups where I worked , yeah , they all gave me the feeling of no situational awareness , smooooth comfie handles real nice , up untill that last moment when its already too late ... push the accept button ??! yeah I'd have a hell of a time tryin to operate a new auto .... LOL I've tried to "swipe" ( not steal , the new swipe)  my GF'S phone , seems like it don't "recognize" my fingers , it does nothin !!

#22 ·
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
My friend has a theory... he says "85% of people are walking around with their heads up their A**&*."
Then he says "He's being generous... it's more like 90%."
Elwenil said:
90, definitely 90.
Yep 90% ;D

#25 ·
712edf said:
I'm currently rebuilding a Carter carburetor. I bet 99% of the general public can't say that, & maybe never have.
What percentage do you think actually know what a carburetor is?

Apparently lane assist, adaptive cruise control and self parking just isn't enough because now you can catch up on your facebook / reddit / wtf while launching your boat. Latest commercial for the latest nanny wear is furds trailer backup assist. Twist the knob in the direction you want the trailer to go and the truck does the steering.

Umm, maybe just twist that knob they used to call the steering wheel? Maybe learn how to drive a trailer before actually driving a trailer? Is it smart enough to stop before you back the truck completely in to the lake or will that be a TSB?

#26 ·
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
I work on 3 Holleys at the same time. ;D
HA! - even less actually know what that means too - except us of course 'cause we're all in the Cool Kids Club {cool}

Funny thing - well not funny really but a fact nonetheless - I like my '06 Ram a lot - a lotlot, and one of the main reasons is because the HVAC and dash are basic old-school knobs and gauges. We enjoyed our 15 Durango, but it only took about a half-second for me to lose my shit trying to figure out how to turn the radio back down or turn the fan up a notch. They cram SO much 'capability' into a touch screen (also not my fave) that I literally had to ask my wife to adjust this or that because I knew I was going to wreck the truck trying to do what only requires feeling the knob in my 06 to do - damn that drove me bat shit crazy...

Nope - I'll take mine 'simpler', thanks very much...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.