Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm looking for the best idea for wiring my KC's on my roof. What's the best way to wire through the roof without leaks?

They used to come in my back hatch, but that's no good for the rubber or the wires.

Get creative! ;D

·
Registered
29,666 Posts
you can get a water proof bulk head connector from NAPA / thats what l used to put my yellow beakin plow light on the roof

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I would make a rack for the top or at least get a light bar. Just to bolt the light to the roof (that is what I am reading into it) would look cheesy in my humble opinion.

OK I just seen the truck in your pic and want to give my apologies for what I said about the rack.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ramit87 said:
I would make a rack for the top or at least get a light bar. Just to bolt the light to the roof (that is what I am reading into it) would look cheesy in my humble opinion.

OK I just seen the truck in your pic and want to give my apologies for what I said about the rack.
That's cool. Yea, I got the light bar, just want to wire it real good like! ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
you can get a water proof bulk head connector from NAPA / thats what l used to put my yellow beakin plow light on the roof
What's that like and how many wires can you cram through it?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
one option is to just run it through your vent window, only plug it in when needed?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
When I installed my KC's, I just drilled a hole and used the little rubber grommits they came with. Stuffed the metal wire cover in and that was it never had a problem. Even with snow piling up on it and melting and such.

Brian

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I mounted mine to through the roof.. Looks don't matter to me anyway.. just looking for function over fashion..LOL ;D
ramit87 said:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I want to know more about this wire hook up thingie from Napa.

I'll have a total of 7 lights and it would be real nice if I could keep my CB antenna always hooked up as well. I want to make a nice wiring harness that'll accomodate all I'll ever need. But I'll need to get all that through the roof.

I know someone's wanted the same thing before. We've all been doing it since the sixties, but I've never known of anyone who has done it "right" (including myself).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts