Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for title before paying the man. Who is the insurance man - just puttin on the foil coach?
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

tried search, dinner on. Hers still doing just fine, this has all the bells and wistles.

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little background. Last week my girl put her '12 200 touring in a ditch, wasted 2 rims. I went to the local dismantler, got (2) rims for $100, had them mounted. The strange thing is they came off the same donor as the one she bent a couple years ago. A buddy of mine came by to see me before heading for his house on a Spanish mountain island for the winter and we went to local u-pull. I picked up 2 more rims, one with a good tire for another $100. Spares are good and I've got them for my cars, where's the problem? Walking in we spotted the this thing, I called a got a steal it price and another reason I want a ramp truck. Did I mention the tow bill for ditching the rental?

Car Vehicle Wheel Plant Land vehicle

Hers: 2012 200 Touring. 1st owner was Enterprise rental, 30k. Bounced around a couple owners, reposessd once. 60k on clock. She bought it, oil changes, brakes, tires, rims, struts 135k on the clock. Maybe 400 since the mud puddle and still solid. 2.4l I4, 6speed, 4wd disk, abs, cloth. She routinely averages 24 mpg, I can still get 27. Its been a solid dependable if way under powered and optioned ride.

Donor: 2011 200 Limited. More I look, more I think legit low miles granny put in a ditch. Flood car entirely likely but hope not. I can see enough damage that insurance would total if dry hit. Could also have been done fishing it out. Enough left to recoup my cost. Could be low budget pile of upgrades.

Auction tag when upull got it Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Mode of transport Car

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can imagine not granny winding this thing up and missing a corner. Front bumper cover is self ejecting, takes wheel liner with, grill gone, ornament tight, washer jug not leaking but a/c line ripped off and sway bar bent on that side. Doors and hood work nice. Yard rash missed tank, muffler.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rolling Vehicle

end link might be missing
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Automotive tire Wheel Rolling Gas Tints and shades

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can also imagine a recovery guy hooking on to the rim / sway bar and triggering the self ejecting bumper cover but here's the wet side when that kinda stuff happens.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

And the not wet side:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3.6L V6, remote start (keyfob above should do roof and start)

Hood Automotive tire Trunk Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

(4) Goodyears dated 2018

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber

ooops

Hood Grille Automotive tire Automotive design Sleeve

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Almost makes me wish she had totaled hers by going straight down the manhole! Everything I need to fix it or upgrade it. Maybe total hers first. I'll think about when I get back from the boneyard. While walking the boneyard with butch and talking cars, I asked hit that thing with a 76 NYer. He said what I knew before I finished the question.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

What manhole rough in?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don’t know why they did the battery placement on those things right in front of the tire! takes so much work to change the battery!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
What's the story on the blue ramp truck?

Bucky

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The battery is a real PIA. Ya also gotta go in the same way to do head light and marker bulbs. The blue ramp truck is just another in my collection of on line snags. I have legit use for something like that on occasion and is kinda a bucket list item. This one is cool, rusty, over priced and near by:

76 D300 400-4, 17 ft Jerr Dann
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Yes I could see them being useful. If I had one there's no telling what I would drag home. Ramp trucks have a special appeal to me because growing up I spent many Friday or Saturday nights at the dirt track races, where it would be normal to see 30 or 40 or them.

Bucky

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I go back and forth between ramps and roll backs.

another 79 ramp: Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

85 roll back that was ready to roll: Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

hydro dove tail is nice trick: Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
My I didn't realize there were any around.

Bucky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts