Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got around to pulling the rear out of the RC and it figures, its bent. So i'm in the market for an entire rear/driveshaft now :-\

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Wow, bent isn't the word! 
If there is a driveline shop in your area you can have a custom shaft built for a couple hundred bux  with must stronger components than the factory shafts. 

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
What gears are in it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
lol i never even clicked the thumbnail...damn that things wrecked.

anyone get the license plate of that tree that jumped out in front of ya?

poor thing must have wanted to die....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah thats the most bent i've ever seen an axle, its amazing the frame doesn't have much damage compared to the drivetrain. 

I already thought about getting axle tubes put in, but its not a limited slip or posi, and for the price, i could have bought one with it equipped.

It has 3.55 gears...!!! thats the one thing i didn't double check, i saved the gears and one good axle and chucked the rest of it in my buddies truck to be turned into paper clips.

Whos this evildriver3 guy?

Just for clarification, the truck was hit directly on the rear tire by some compact car and spun the truck around.  5 years later i bought the truck  ::)  almost wish i hadent  :-[

Also forgot to double check the bolt pattern, i have an 8.8 mustang rear sitting around....i think it may be a little weak.

Another down side to today, i went looking for the dana 60 or 70 i rebuilt 3 years ago.  Seems the guy bulldozed his entire back yard and everything into a HUGE pile and the rear isn't anywhere to be seen!!! i tried calling him but he wasn't around.  It probably isn't worth looking for to have to cut and re-weld spring perches back on, then get a custom driveshaft made to match the larger yoke to the smaller yoke on the transfer case.

So thats it for tonight, talk to you guys tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
Time to call evildriver3
havent heard that name in a while. is Marty still flying around here? never could keep track of the damn baracuda pack and all its shenanigans! haha

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Marty (evildriver3) may come off as "the cockiest sob I ever met" but disregard, it's an eastcoast thing. He's from the long island area. He specializes in building heavy duty driveshafts and owns a driveshaft shop.

He's gonna tell you to measure, measure, and measure again, and NOT going to sell one based off a standard catalog length or someone else's measurements.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
So what exactly is this truck and what rear is in it?  Hell, I've got several rears just laying around that I can't get rid of.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm trying to get this thing
~ Back on the road to see how it drives
~ if i like it i'll fix the body work and paint it
~ If it holds up i'll throw some tires (31-33 Cooper STT OR something CHEAP) and a small lift at it

For now i have a trans, hope the transfercase i have is still good!!!
Need a rear and driveshaft, springs and mounts.

Thanks for the links i'll see what i can do with those ;-D

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
I have a 9 1/4 with 3:23's

PM,  pwpete he may have a 3:55 9 1/4

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
I have a 3.55 8 3/4".  ;D

·
Registered