Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I just joined at the advice of lugnuts today. Although I am still puzzled as to why I would take advice from a man who drive that hunk-o-junk he has. LOL. But anyway, I have a 1988 Dodge W100, 5.2L, with a 10' flatbed on the back. I bought it for $500 after hurricane Rita because a tree demolished the front end. So I have been very slowly working on it for the last 3 years. I put a Mopar Performance cam (450/268, 455/272) in, then an Edelbrock Performer intake with a 600cfm carb, and a little port and polish job with a dremel tool. I`ll get some pics up as soon as I figure out how. Most of the parts so far came from lugnuts parts trucks lol. Even though mine'll drag him backerds.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
http://photobucket.com

You can upload your pictures there, and use the handy IMG link code (just copy it) to post your pictures here.

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
Welcome to the KNUTTHOUSE! {wave}

It's all over for you now you have a new addiction. This site will suck you in and never leave you go....... :p

{ttiwwop}

·
Registered
312 Posts
You're on your way to a nice rig! Get rid of that awful looking steering wheel, however!

(mine's got the same one. I hate it.)

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
zach54880 said:
Get rid of that awful looking steering wheel, however!

(mine's got the same one. I hate it.)
I like those wheels better than the newer ones. :-\

Nice work so far. {cool}

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only thing stopping me from finishing it is money. But at least the interior is in great shape. The original owner used it to pull his 5th wheel camper all over the US. I can`t imagine pulling anything that size with a stock 318, but I guess slow and steady wins the race.

On another note, I have been trying to sell a bunch of leftover parts I had from a 1985 RC I used as a parts truck. I have a few beat up doors, front fenders, the bumpers are still about as good as you can find on a truck that old, I think I still have the gauges, and a really good steering column. And all of the glass except the windshield. If anyone is interested let me know. I want to see someone get some use from it instead of it sitting around until it rusts up.

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
88PowerRam said:
The only thing stopping me from finishing it is money.
I know that feeling. I have a 78 crew cab 99.25% done and only need $400 to have it on the road. :-\

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Welcome!  ;D

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish I was only $400 from having it done. I discovered the other day that even though the Summit brand headers say they are compatible with a W100, the front axle will knock a big hole in the drivers side tubes the first time you hit a bump. Probably that hole in the back yard I hit at about thirty playing with it  ;D. I think I`m going to have to go back with a set of stock manifolds. probably be the easiest thing to do.

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
88PowerRam said:

I thought a dummy grenade made a good shift knob on my T-case shifter.
{cool}

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.