1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Wow man, that really looks good!

·
Registered
769 Posts
That looks good. How much did that take, one kit?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it took me one kit. Got it on sale from carquest for like $65.00 after the mail in rebate. I only used about 3/4 of the gallon.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That looks awesome, Did you have to do much prep work? Are you painting the rest?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Did you roll it on, or spray it? I wan't to use this stuff on my bed and i think you can do it either way

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Prep work wasnt bad, the kit comes with a green scotch brite pad, but I used 100 grit sandpaper. I Scuffed up the area's I was going to herculine and then went over it with Acetone to get all the dust/grease off. I did it twice just to be sure.

You can either roll it on or spray, I was going to spray it at first but in the instructions it say's you get maximum texture it you roll it on, so I rolled it on. Once all the prep work was done rolling it on was a piece of cake.

I am painting the rest, just undecided on the color

·
Registered
321 Posts
It really looks awesome. I want to do the same thing soon. Herc from the body line down, and paint the rest. A buddy of mine did that with a 97 club cab, and it looked great too.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Nice job! {cool}

Forget the paint--herculine the whole thing ;D

-SM

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I love that thing, it kinda looks like mine, half black, half primer. I think the lift combo looks great, good clearance for the 35;s

·
Registered
768 Posts
trucks always look bigger with a black 2 tone on the bottom of the sides, i wanna paint mine

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
lookin good man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts