Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved into the New Orleans area and I've been looking for a good Dodge junk yard. ;)

What do people in Louisiana do with junk cars? Push 'em in the river? :)

Where are all the junk yards? ???

·
Registered
810 Posts
Well, most of the closest junk yards are in New Orleans East, on old Gentilly Road and Almonaster. Bill's is my favorite local yard. There are also some on Airline Highway in Saint Rose, and Able Auto Salvage is a Mopar only yard, but they mostly have later model car stuff. He told me that the truck parts go quickly. There are even a couple of yards at Airline and Little Farms Avenue. Being a budget concious kind of guy, I like to go to Barry's U-Pull-It in Gulfport, Mississippi. The prices can't be beat, and they give you a price list when you walk in (every part of the same type is the same price regardless of condition). The vehicles get picked over pretty quickly, but if they have what you need, the price is right. They are open 7 days a week and they accept credit cards. There is an excellent yard with plenty of '80's Dodge trucks and Ramchargers in Mississippi, but I will have to find out the exact location and name, as I was not driving when we went. His prices were fair, and the selection was excellent. The trucks were in good shape and complete. There are several others in the Gulfport/Pascagoula area. One of my other favorites is Budget U-Pull-It just outside Baton Rouge. He has a lot of classic cars, some '70's and 80's trucks, and the prices are good. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for all of the info.
someone at work was telling me about Barry's they were impressed too.

as for St. Rose and East I've called many of them and still haven't found a driveshaft yoke or the 4WD shifter bar frome the selector to the case.

I will try the ones you mentioned and see what I can do otherwise I'll call some of my old buddies in TX and have them mailed to me ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I live about 10 miles from Barry's U Pull it ( i am in mississippi as you can guess)!!! They got tons of mopar stuff (better than most junk yards) and even some trucks. They do get picked over quick, but if you get there on a good day, you can make out good (and get lots of spare parts). The prices are really good too. There is a Mopar only junkyard in vancleave/pascagoula area. I will ask my Mopar buddy where it is ( i havent gone there yet, they are high in price according to him, but when you NEED parts, you need them). Barrys is easy to find, just get on I-10 to Mississippi and its the canal street exit (exit 35 i think), if you see exit 38 (highway 49) you just passed the correct exit. biggest plus is like someone else said, they have a price list at the door that covers about everything, so no matter what condition it is or what car it comes from, the part is the same cheap price.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
John 85 RC said:
Thank you for all of the info.
someone at work was telling me about Barry's they were impressed too.

as for St. Rose and East I've called many of them and still haven't found a driveshaft yoke or the 4WD shifter bar frome the selector to the case.

I will try the ones you mentioned and see what I can do

otherwise I'll call some of my old buddies in TX and have them mailed to me ;)
let me know if you can't find what you need. I may have it. And as always if I have it and don't need it it's free to any RCC member if they'll pay the shipping.....skip

·
Registered
552 Posts
Barry's U Pull It is exit 31 on I10 in MS.

I checked today!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts