Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Jungles Gold 88 RC starting the 440 build!!!

209K views 1K replies 107 participants last post by  inzane 
#1 ·
Well I thought it was time to start a thread on my daily driver. It's a 1988 Ramcharger with the 360 & 727 & 3.55 gears. It has around 106,000 miles on it. It originally was delivered in Colorado & spent most of it's live there. Then it went to Kentucky for a few years & that's were I bought it from.  I've owned it for about 2 1/2 years. Here's a couple of pics of it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
looks clean.... not much rust

Reactions: SuperBurban
#7 ·
I like it...can't wait to see the finished product.  I've been kicking around the idea of a custom front bumper myself, just need the time and money.

#8 ·
bigbad84 said:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who works on stuff for my RC at work {lol}

It looks good so far, I like the integrated reciever hitch, that's something you don't see on ones you can buy {cool}
Thanks.
Some times it's easier & warmer to do stuff at work ;D. We use to push a lot of boats on trailers around at the marina & thought I should have one on mine to push my trailer around the yard. I decided to build one because it's getting hard to find any for vintage trucks ;).

#12 ·
Once again it is official 

YOU SUCK!!!!!

I have been designing mine to go on the warn winch bumper but can nbot find the cross bar metal unless I buy like 24' of which I only need 5'.  I was thinking of a reciever in mine as well for the cooler basket I use when surf fishing.  Had not really made it that far yet.

Looks good!

#13 ·
Thanks Chris!!

Check your local steel supplier for drops. That's the left over pieces after a part is cut & shipped. Most of the time you can get them at scrap prices. I cheated on this one & used 2" SS pipe for the cross tubes. I think it is seamless also ;D. Some times I do get on the cheap side ;D. The lower cross tube is 2 1/2" X 2 1/2" X .187 wall. That makes a nice size for the 2" hitches.

#15 ·
Looks great Jim!

#16 ·
aspoonhour said:
Do you have any idea what you are starting? ;D That looks great!!! Sell any "kits" yet?

Andrew
I know {think}, First is the push bar. then the lift out of the 440 RC and of course is the tires & wheels off the 440 also because they won't fit the D60s ;D. RECYCLE & REUSE!!!! I might sell some of the upright parts.
Thanks

#23 ·
jungle said:
I got the hoops around the head lights bent & fitted today.
How sweet is that??? As usual, great work Jim.
If you keep publicizing all these cool mods, you're gonna have people like me wanting to place orders.

#24 ·
Thanks mike!
I have been thinking of selling some of the parts for a do it your self partial kit. The shipping would be to much for a finished unit! I have to tweak the 3/8" plate verticals first though. I did a light sand blast this morning & put a coat of Corlar Epoxy primer. Tomorrow I will put a coat of Gloss Black Imron paint :D. I'll post a few pics of it tomorrow in the paint booth.