Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 1089 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
hot damn! looks good to have lived up no-th. mine came from the mountains of tenn. the rockers had cancer bad. yours look in good shape.mine also had some to spring up at the bottom of the rear windows up under the trim. one day i would like to find a cherry body to build a nice asphalt only 4x4 88. fresh 360 crate, maybe 2.5" lift with 33's on 12" wide aluminum mikey's. and paint it that deep burgandy candy metal flake GM used on the 05 tahoes.

so what's your plans for it?say the 88 has a 440? got pics?

·
Vendor
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first 2 years of the 88's life was spent in Rocky Ford, Colorado.  From there it went to Hudsonville, Michigan. The guy that bought it, it was his playtoy.  It was never driven in the winter.  He put the 440 in it with the full manual automatic and quarter stick shifter.  He also installed the lift kit. We are planning on cleaning it up, and fine-tuning it. Then I'd like to add the D-60 front and D-70 rear with Dana power locks. I'd like to use it for the streets and beaches.  My other truck is dying a slow death.  :'(  I'm leaving pieces of rust along my trail.  Notice how I didn't give you any profiles of the 85?  ;D  I'll post pictures of the 88" motor soon!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Sharp looking rigs dude! 440 with stick, you is one lucky guy. ;D

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Wish my RC had been the previous owners baby...nice truck...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
nice looking truck. i like the looks of that tach. do you have anymore pics of it from the inside? i'm thinking i might have to get one for mine. lol.

·
Vendor
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys  :). I'll try to get some more shots up this weekend. The 440 is so much fun. I want to get the dash back in this weekend & then I'll post some pics of the gages.

This is one shot during the installation.

Attachments

·
Vendor
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a couple shots under the hood. It needs a good dress up. I haven't had any time to work on it this weekend. We’re into a complete kitchen redesign & remodel at the in-laws.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
it does have a fofoT don't it. very nive. does that thing have a body lift? if not i want to see a pick of your motor mounts. also do you know the part # for your brake booster?

·
Vendor
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is a fofo T  ???.  No it doesn’t have a body lift. I'll get some pics of the Motor mounts for you in a couple of days. Yes my valve covers are close. I hope my new Mopar valve covers fit? I'll have to pull the booster to remove the MT covers. Probably in about 6 weeks I’m going to pull the valve covers to look into a lifter tick. It developed it one cold morning when I took it down to the shop :'(. At that point I’ll put my new covers on, maybe glass bead the intake & clear coat it. I don't have a part # for my booster but I’ll look it over. I assumed it was a big block booster out of a RC or pick up. Thanks for the kind words.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
ebonics  ;) 440 = fofoT  ;D  i got the same problem about having to remove the booster to get the covers off. price you gotta pay i guess. that's why i inquired about robbins18's brake set up in his thread. your engine just looked lower in the frame than mine did,why i asked about the booster and mounts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey man is that a wench under your front bumper and if so where do I get a bumper like that and the wench to go with it???

·
Vendor
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OBXCHARGER said:
ebonics  ;) 440 = fofoT ;D i got the same problem about having to remove the booster to get the covers off. price you gotta pay i guess. that's why i inquired about robbins18's brake set up in his thread. your engine just looked lower in the frame than mine did,why i asked about the booster and mounts.
Yes a fofoT ;D. You know it's hard to drive the 85 with the built 318 after the big block. I took some pics of the motor mounts & the booster to valve cover clearance.

Attachments

·
Vendor
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
adamt22 said:
Hey man is that a wench under your front bumper and if so where do I get a bumper like that and the wench to go with it???
Yes that is a winch in my front bumper. It's a stock bumper that was cut out for the fairlead.I'll try to get some pics of the winch up this week. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
What kind of winch is it and where can I get it????/

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I really want to see how it mounts up...

1 - 20 of 1089 Posts