Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playin' round out back in the woods outta town, when i rounded a corner and a double tree stump came up way too fast! It was too late to brake and my dumb bass buddy was yellin' "just do it p####"(he drives a kia soul lmao!!!! I give him crap all the time!) so i hit it and went airbourne at least 3 or 4 feet in the air! We landed it nicely and the darn thing just kept truckin' on! These Ramcharger's have to be the toughest trucks ever built!!! Please make more chrysler!!!!!! It drives and handles fine still but im kinda paranoid because how could a stock truck handle that kind of abuse without something being damaged? Can someone explain this lol? Why are these rc's so sturdy!

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
no explanation required , your thinking correctly even IF you lucked out THIS time ................. me I'd check it out carefully before much daily driving ...........

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
Some years back I was rollin down I-95 at about 70 in my 75 Chrysler. An 8 foot wooden ladder fell off a truck a couple cars up. At least one of them swerved, I couldn't because traffic. Ran it over like a squirrel and all I saw in the mirror was splinters and another surprised driver. Try that with any passenger car built this century.

·
Registered
432 Posts
When I was in school, I was famous for having a lot of vehicles.
Not cuz I’m rich, but I had a deal with the junkyard with swapping the one I wrecked for one that runs. $200-$400 a time.

So I drove em all like I stole them. But the one that survived the best was a 95 Chevy lumina, she took the most abuse, and still ran when I parked it, flooded with a million issues, but still ran. The Ford Focus I had for a week blew up trying to do a burn out. Chevy blazer tranny got stuck in 1st after 3 months. GMC jimmy suffered a bad rear end and a dead cylinder after jumping the railroad tracks a couple times, and my neon suffered a moose.
But my 62 2wd slant 6 dodge long box reg cab survived numberous (expensive) highway cruises at 67.5mph using the high idle knob as a cruise control.
I got ejected from it once, and the truck was fine but the windshield
I however spend some time at home after that. It got parked soon after. Just couldn’t afford the 3.1mpg that low rear end and a 3 on the tree leaning tower of power that thing had. xD

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
I had my own experience with jumping a tree stump, but it wasn't in a Dodge and it wasn't on purpose….

We were the proud owners of newly acquired land which we purchased back in '15 with the intent of building a new home on it. However, long before we bought it, the previous owner decided to harvest the pine growing on the property and attempt to sell it. Some 20 or so large trees were cut down and stacked. Apparently he never sold it, and the pine was left to rot on the ground. He also left behind numerous randomly spread stumps ranging in height from about 2 inches to 8 inches.

One weekend my wife and I decided to go to the property and work on it. I had an old riding mower that we left there and I began to use it to clear some of the overgrowth. I managed to hit one of the smaller stumps which unbeknownst to me, bent the tie rod into the pulley which began to throw sparks. Oh! Did I mention it was the dry season?? I began to notice sparks and turned my head to see behind me, when I discovered 10 ft diameter of grass on fire and moving in the direction of very tall grass and brush. With the threat of it spreading out of control, I ran to our car, at the time, a two year old Toyota Highlander and tossed in a 5 gallon pail full of water that we had brought along with us, into the back. I jumped into the driver's seat, slammed the shifter in reverse and planted the hammer, intending to race to the spreading fire even going backwards….WHAM!!! Some 15 ft behind me was a friggen 8 inch tall tree stump, and I did not stop. Hitting that stump, the pail flipped over, the lid flew off and all the water we had with us was now all over the interior of the car. With all the water now gone and the fire still spreading, my last resort was to do donuts around the fire, in the last ditch attempt to tear out the grass around the outside of the fire, so it couldn't spread further. It worked.

According to my wife who was watching this entire fiasco take place, said, she saw "her car" go totally airborne over the stump and swore I ripped out the entire bottom of that car. I was pretty sure she was right.

Ed

·
Registered
432 Posts
Lol! So did the fire ever stop?!
We had a burn barrel and my two nephews ( I was 14) were taking the garbage out. Me seeming how intrigued they were, I gave them some garbage to throw in the fire.

It went in, caught fire, floated out, landed in the broom grass. And it grew. And grew..
My fat lazy gold digger “dads girls friend” yelled from the window as our whole yard went up.
I used my dads lawn mower, wrapped the throttle spring around the air cleaner and let this thing scream at god only knows how many rpms, but wouldn’t you like to know, that a 2 horse push mower from the 70’s running at a half a million tons could cut 4 foot broom grass at a sprinting pace.
It ran like that for about 20 minutes before running out of gas, and never started again.
We saved the farm though, because once the fire got to where I mowed it, I had time to dig a trench while the kids wet it down with a hose.
Mother in law barely left the couch. Not her problem I guess!

·
Registered
52,873 Posts
RXT said:
I had my own experience with jumping a tree stump, but it wasn't in a Dodge and it wasn't on purpose….

We were the proud owners of newly acquired land which we purchased back in '15 with the intent of building a new home on it. However, long before we bought it, the previous owner decided to harvest the pine growing on the property and attempt to sell it. Some 20 or so large trees were cut down and stacked. Apparently he never sold it, and the pine was left to rot on the ground. He also left behind numerous randomly spread stumps ranging in height from about 2 inches to 8 inches.

One weekend my wife and I decided to go to the property and work on it. I had an old riding mower that we left there and I began to use it to clear some of the overgrowth. I managed to hit one of the smaller stumps which unbeknownst to me, bent the tie rod into the pulley which began to throw sparks. Oh! Did I mention it was the dry season?? I began to notice sparks and turned my head to see behind me, when I discovered 10 ft diameter of grass on fire and moving in the direction of very tall grass and brush. With the threat of it spreading out of control, I ran to our car, at the time, a two year old Toyota Highlander and tossed in a 5 gallon pail full of water that we had brought along with us, into the back. I jumped into the driver's seat, slammed the shifter in reverse and planted the hammer, intending to race to the spreading fire even going backwards….WHAM!!! Some 15 ft behind me was a friggen 8 inch tall tree stump, and I did not stop. Hitting that stump, the pail flipped over, the lid flew off and all the water we had with us was now all over the interior of the car. With all the water now gone and the fire still spreading, my last resort was to do donuts around the fire, in the last ditch attempt to tear out the grass around the outside of the fire, so it couldn't spread further. It worked.

According to my wife who was watching this entire fiasco take place, said, she saw "her car" go totally airborne over the stump and swore I ripped out the entire bottom of that car. I was pretty sure she was right.

Ed
{gloating} That's funny stuff. NOW that you didn't burn up the forest. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.