Super Moderator
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pic 4

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thats my 1972 440 HP2, (out of a 1972 hillsboro police cruiser) rebuilt, MP purple shaft cam, KB pistons, rings, Milodon pan, Polished Weiand tunnel ram, sidemounted Holley 550s , yes single pumps with 50cc rio accel.pumps, K&N Filterchargers with optional 5" elements,those are mechanical secondarys!,stomp it you've got a 8-pack WFO!!! rebuilt 440 727TF into np203 and 3.55 60 rear ,3.54 44 frt. (33x12.50-15) BFG ALL TERRAINS, 11 miles per gallon !!!! Those are Casler 440 truck headers made by hooker.weiand sidemount linkage kit.MP dist. accell coil, champion plugs. thats the second automatic!(I tore the splined hub out of the rear planetary on a hot day?) too much traction! I had to leave my truck there, and drive it a half mile home in reverse at midnight! I swear by 50watt back up bulbs lol.

·
Registered
245 Posts
ya did gone go and make me drool. Sweet Ride and Power plant! ;D

·
Registered
79 Posts
tv_larsen said:
Thats the business end of a 1982 Rod Hall Fiberglass hood 12 lbs, 5 hood pins, What you can see of a 1970 superbird towelrack spoiler polished, and fully adjustable!, if you drive fast enough the truck actually changes attitude the rear is PLANTED so that it weighs as much as the 440 in the front? the truck weighs 4980lbs. wet! And YES those are the stock chrome slots this truck sold new with!!! Those are: (33x12.50-15 BFG ALL TERRAINS). lol An old desert racing trick steel whls narrow so you don't lose the beads at speed!

·
Registered
79 Posts
tv_larsen said:
I've been involved in the TRUCK WARS for 16yrs with my Ramcharger SE this is my crew! I've caused many a FORD, or Chevy to drive off the road or into something! lol trying to get a better look after they've driven by or been passed! You feel pretty lonely when you've taken a truck to where only george Barris has been before(with the Batmobile!)lol but love it or Hate it they can't beat it!!! I installed the towelrack when I still had the steel hood, and 400ci. I heard (all show no go! from the kidz). When I installed the 440 HP2 with 27.5" intake!!! and Rod Hall Glass Hood! I achieved a more balanced wonderment? Nobody could decide which end to look at??? Sure causes some excitement in traffic! Most embarrassing moment; Don't run out of gas, you look pretty stupid pushing this truck through an intersection! ;D

·
Registered
79 Posts
tv_larsen said:
I'm sure glad I've found this website!!!, because there aren't too many people that understand my affliction with Dodge trucks!!! I was a sales manager at two dodge dealerships in the 80s and a member of the factory Big Truck Push of 1984! This truck placed 3rd in the northwest regional mud bogs with a 400, and 31" tires in 89" against 48 jeeps! I should have raced it in the 4x4 truck drags as it HAS DONE 108mph in the quarter! with 31" inch tires! I'm running33x12.50-15 BFG ALL TERRAINS now! With the additional ( roll out) the top-end speed is incredible!

·
Registered
79 Posts
tv_larsen said:
A BIG R.C.C. shout out to tv larsen for help posting these pictures!!! I was going insane trying to get them online! after I posted the engine pic in the test area! I bought the superbird towel rack in 79" for $100.00 off a wrecked bird! I took it to work at US plating and polished it myself! I bought the Rod Hall Hood from a part time class 8 desert racer that worked for tektronix for $100.00 ( He assured me it was off the second place truck in the 82" Mint 400) I bought the 440 HP2 from a mopar club member in Portland, Or. that WAS going to put it in a original 57 plymouth fury! Until the club members convinced him it would rip the car in half! so he sold it to me ;D The polished weiand tunnel ram & holleys were from a boat racer that needed money? you stay with a project and live right and the parts come to you? ;D I put it all together while working as a production tool machinist at the NIKE air research lab in Beaverton, Or. the only part of this trucks' drivetrain that is original is the np203! the first 400 blew shortly after placing 3rd in the mud bogs, the second 400 lost a rod cap too?, the first 440 hydrauliced two rods when it rained overnight and I fired it in the morning with water in #7, & # 8 cylinders ??? it was .080 over!!! I found this 72" 440 HP2 and it's all been good since!

·
Registered
79 Posts
tv_larsen said:
So everybody please give me your feedback! love it? Hate it? let me know why??? too low? too high? lol too fast?I 've taken an unbelievable amount of s**t from people whose opinions mean nothing on the subject of mopar over the years!I've got tons to contribute to this club, as soon as I buy a new scanner! these were the only 4 pictures I had scanned! sorry!wait until you see that spoiler on my old Challenger r/t street car! (they fit the quarters like they were made for them!)

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
All I can say man is it ROCKS !!! I love it man . Althought that rear wing looks a little odd onan RC but hey if it helpa it go fast then so be it !!! Welcome to the site and we all have the Dodge Truck/Ramcharger affliction !!!! Welcome ot our sickness !!!

bt83rc

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
way cool, welcome to the site, nice to have another mopar nut around..{smoke}

·
Registered
245 Posts
i was wondering what the hell is that wing doing up there but now it all makes sense, sweet ride.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I never thought I'd see the day when I would run across a "Ramcharger Daytona"!!! I love it!!! I hope I get to see it in person someday.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got to say, if someone put that wing on a stcker,I would wnder. But with the MOPAR plant your running, I would say it does it's job. I love it!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bet you never lose it in the parking lots. ;D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
IRONRAM said:
tv_larsen said:
So everybody please give me your feedback! love it? Hate it? let me know why??? too low? too high? lol too fast?I 've taken an unbelievable amount of s**t from people whose opinions mean nothing on the subject of mopar over the years!I've got tons to contribute to this club, as soon as I buy a new scanner! these were the only 4 pictures I had scanned! sorry!wait until you see that spoiler on my old Challenger r/t street car! (they fit the quarters like they were made for them!)
wow! what a rig! pretty fascinating! i don't think i have ever owned anything that goes that fast (probably a good thing, lol)! really amazing additions you have made to her. sounds like you truly do spend quality time with her--something i wish i had more of sometimes. excellent pics! i think your crew is adorable :)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
nice ride astetically i hate the wing at first i thot it was some photoshop add on but if its functional and actually does something then i love it hmm 108 mph 1/4 not bad for a 5000 pound truck

1 - 20 of 42 Posts