Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am about to install the intermittent wipers into my rig ('86 2WD R/C) instead of the old standard package. I've got the switch, control unit and harness (thanks again, Matt!), and I've got a wiring scheme, but I've got one problem, too. The scheme (relevant part) looks like this:

From this, it seems the "B" plug of the white connecor should be empty (it's the bottom right one, nearest to the "WHITE" arrow). It is not though: there is a thick blue wire there in the harness I've got.

Now, what I would like to know is: to where should I connect the wire? Or should I just ignore it and let it hang unplugged?

Grateful for any advice.

·
7,995 Posts
Look at the diagram for the switch and each circuit will have a letter next to it...could the "B" be the ground shown in the diagram? I cant read the pic on this funky screen at work.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems so (the letters are mangled to no recognition). Yup, I've somewhat suspected it might be the ground (the more so since the wire is thicker than the other ones). On the other hand, there is a ground on the switch itself, part of its body:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
That's the main power feed. I have no clue why your diagram doesn't show a connection there, but my diagram shows it as Q1B-14LB, which goes to the ACC1 feed straight from the ignition switch. I think you need a better manual! ;D ;D No other problems otherwise?

Matt {peace}

·
7,995 Posts
TaZMaNiaK said:
That's the main power feed. I have no clue why your diagram doesn't show a connection there, but my diagram shows it as Q1B-14LB, which goes to the ACC1 feed straight from the ignition switch. I think you need a better manual! ;D ;D No other problems otherwise?

Matt {peace}
Taz, the problem is that Dodge used a different switch for 84, then 85 and then again in 86-87....what we need to find out is from what year truck he salvaged the parts? :)

OC, What year truck did the intermittent switch and cable come from?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aha, explains a thing or two... May I please ask you for the other half of the '85 wiring diagram, so as I can check the complete circuit and all the possible differences? Either put it here, or please send it to my address [email protected], whatever you prefer. Thanks a big lot!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I am not quite experienced with wiring, but far as I can see: the V6 wire on my wiring diagram (first message far above, goes to the P terminal of the switch) seems to be the main feed for the '86 -- far as the diagram is right, it goes through a fuse to the ignition switch.

Now I am not sure whether I get the thing right, but it seems to me it should work quite well if I let the V6 splice just as it is, feeding the '85 switch (the diagram from Chump two messages above) through its P1 terminal? Since the wire goes through fuse anyway, there should be no harm in bypassing so the breaker, or am I wrong?

Or did I overlook some important reason why I should re-wire my V6 feed into the '85 switch Q1 input?

Thanks alot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.