Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where I can get some NOS or used trim peices? i need the front and back of the headliner peices, and a few other small ones. Thanks guys

justin

·
Registered
816 Posts
You could try a Dodge dealer, visit some junkyards, or hope for the best on ebay. It might be good to post an ad in the classified section of this site, in case somebody has a truck that they are using for parts.

·
7,995 Posts
PWRRAM_J said:
anyone know where I can get some NOS or used trim peices? i need the front and back of the headliner peices, and a few other small ones. Thanks guys

justin
You'll have to get part numbers from the dealer to run down any NOS parts...some may still be available from Dodge...you never know.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
yeah i need the long peice above the windshield on my rc. the one by the visors. it was cracked when i got it and broke off about the left last foot or so. i gess ill try thr classifieds here...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats one of the peices im looking for too, i have 2 of them, both have 1 small peice missing out of the passenger side, right through the last screw hole. Lemme know if you cant find any and I will send you my old one (maroon)...I will send pics if your interested too. Just pay for shipping and its yours! I have a grey one that I got off my friend from his 93, but there is still another small peice missing. Then the one above the rear window is in 3 peices... :(

·
7,995 Posts
If these are the long pieces that go across the header than someone on the board just ordered one from Mopar...i believe he also ordered end caps for these too.

The long moulding is
Part# L629EK1 and appears to be subbed to the 90-93 Part# L737JS8 $41.75

The end cap is
Part# L627BW3 and appears to be subbed to the 90-93 Part# L627HW6 $19.50

These are paint as required parts from Mopar. Used from the 80's to 1993.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was hoping Chump would jump in and help this guy out. You're the man, Chump! :)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
yeah i think i might take the maroon one if ya got pics...email them to me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
What color pieces are you looking for? I have an "84 RC parts vehicle which has a light blue interior. Not real sure what kind of shape the trim pieces are in. I could go look, I have the RC out at a friends farm in the country. I am in southern MN.
Dan

·
Registered
96 Posts
I recently had my RC's headliner replaced, and the piece above the windshield was cracked, well, the upholsterers broke it taking it off. I called all of the Dodge Dealerships in my area, and they told me "No way". I was able to find one in a RC at a local junkyard. It was starting to crack near the two outboard screwholes, but I JB-Welded those areas, and it worked perfectly. What a lousy, miserable part!!!! Seems like all of these break!

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
My experiance with some dealers is that they just say no-way because they just don't want to deal with it. I have an 'old time' dealer here, they sometimes get cranky with me when I'm asking for some old part - but it is amazing what they can find - these old rigs used many of the same parts for years, so their still out there - you just have to get a partsman who's willing to look, and a dealer that's 'into' old trucks.
Eastwood company also sells a lot of stuff to repair plastic parts, for resto people. I've not used them yet, but friends tell me they're a good company, they're on the web, but they're hard copy cat. is better.
Also try this guy, let's see if he's for real:
http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=32159

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've got the pieces for above the front windows. Both are slightly cracked in the same place-common problem, but no pieces are missing. A little epoxy for plastic will cure that. If you need or want these just pay the shipping and they are yours.

·
7,995 Posts
Chump said:
If these are the long pieces that go across the header than someone on the board just ordered one from Mopar...i believe he also ordered end caps for these too.

The long moulding is

The end cap is

Like I said in this post. These part numbers were ordered from Dodge just a couple of months ago and their is stock at the NOS dealers. The parts guys are just too GD lazy to look things up if the vehicle is over 1 year old. You want your RC fixed, you have to confront these people. Calling on the phone is totally useless... go to the dealer and throw your gonads up on the counter and demand satisfaction. If they wont look it up and give you the part number than complain in the showroom where all the customers are buying new cars! Doing it loudly, will get you results! :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Chump said:
Chump said:

The long moulding is

The end cap is

Like I said in this post. These part numbers were ordered from Dodge just a couple of months ago and their is stock at the NOS dealers. The parts guys are just too GD lazy to look things up if the vehicle is over 1 year old. You want your RC fixed, you have to confront these people. Calling on the phone is totally useless... go to the dealer and throw your gonads up on the counter and demand satisfaction. If they wont look it up and give you the part number than complain in the showroom where all the customers are buying new cars! Doing it loudly, will get you results! :)
Chump, you are one hell of a character ;D I may have to drive up to Colorado one day just to meet you.
As usual, you are absolutely correct. So many of the parts guys just don't care about looking up piddling stuff for older vehicles. You need to go there and get to know the guys. Bring your truck and park where they can see it. Wear a Mopar shirt if you have one. Let them know that you are a Mopar guy and you love old vehicles. Hopefully you will find a parts guy or two who will become a good contact.

·
7,995 Posts
How true and how sad! :eek: Please do drive up some day and we will raid some of the local Mopar parts dealers and pick their brains....uuuuh...maybe we will have to pick their noses...there's more matter there!{bigeyes}

G

·
Just about all of the headliner trim pieces in my truck were broke when I bought it. Knowing that these parts are hard to find in good shape at the junkyard, two years ago I decided to make a visit to my dealer hoping for the best. The guy at the parts counter was more than willing to help and spent at least a half hour looking up and ordering the parts for me. He was extremely patient. I have made several visits there since and always get the same gentleman. He is always friendly and willing to take the time to help me with what I need. Again, this was about two years ago, but I've been there many times since for other parts. You'd be surprised what they still have available. Unfortunatly this kind of service is the exception rather than the rule. I would agree, forget about calling. Go to the parts counter in person.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
hey dan charger: mine is the same blue interior. i dont knw how many blues they had but prolly just the one. mine is twilight blue. its just the peice above the windsheild.
here is a link to my trucks pics, see if that looks like the color of what you have. http://www.geocities.com/standardbyker88/Slam_Charger.html

G

·
Chump said:
I agree, for the most part that is the case. Luckily the dealership I deal wth (Gainesville dodge) has been very helpful. The parts guys have gone as far as giving me a list of part #'s to look for in the JY, when the part is not available or too expensive.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh man, Chump, you are my God! ha, thanks a lot man, sorry i havent responded earlier, but i cant seem to get onto the site from my computer anymore. I will definately check out the part #s at the dealership and JYs around. Hey StandardByker, i will try and get a few pics off to you at some point, sorry its been so long.

Justin

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
dont forget the , fredricks dodge post .. on the open bd .. give him a try
i replaced the 2 side s and the one across the windshield something like 100.00 then you have to paint them . but it is looking GOOD qp

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.