Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I have interior lights burnt out and my information center with the CEL has never lit up once. I've owned the truck all summer but going into my first winter and it getting dark at about the time I get off, I'm tired of having to use my cell phone flash light to make sure I'm pushing the right button. I want to swap to all LEDs in the interior and now that I have finished going through the wiring and grounds. Since I use her as my daily I can't pull her apart take count and wait for the bulbs to come in so I was hoping you guys could help me out. So far I have

4 Reg. Bulbs- Gauges
2 Green- Turn Signals
4 Red- Gauge Warning Lights
1 Blue- Hi Beams
1 Reg. Bulb- A/C Controls(How do you change this one?)
1 Reg. Bulb- Ash Tray
1 Map Light
2 "Cargo Area" Lights
1 Glove Box Light- Location?

I CAN NOT find any information on the lights in the "Information Center" in the middle of the dash can someone shed some light on it for me? I see 4 spots for messages but nothing about size or color. It is 2WD if that makes a difference

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
You shouldn't need colored lamps for any of the dash indicators, all of them have colored lenses and use regular clear bulbs.  Most of the bulbs will be a normal 194/168 style except for the cargo lamps and map lamp.  Pull the instrument panel bezel to access the heat and A/C controls lamp.  You will have to pull the bezel to get the instrument panel out to change any of those bulbs anyway.

Depending on the year and options, you could also have a dome lamp with a map light, lamps in the headlamp switch cover, ash tray and glove box.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
you may end up having to play with the type of led's you use but i would recommend starting with warm white or maybe cool white if you remove the stock filter. also you got to be careful what led's you put in stuff like turn signals. i found some were way too bright and would be extremely bright and nearly light up the cab with every flash of the signal. i have some pics from when i was playing with them but completely forgot which pic is which style and color bulb

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with Cool Blue 6000K LEDs that were CANBUS friendly. I was going through SuperBrightLEDs.com but after struggling with spending over $50 on 10 LEDs. I started looking around and went with the highest rated LEDs I could find on Amazon which were $15 for 10 and I could not be happier. I switched every single gauge, dash, cargo light(Almost found some "dirty secrets"- CEL, Maintenance lights all missing, inner dash destroyed). It looks amazing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.