Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We seem to talk/discuss mechanical issues, but little on interior (gauges don't count). I'd like to replace the 17 year old OE dark blue carpet, which has faded to nearly every shade but blue.
Are there any places that sell the entire pre-cut interior carpet(s) and the underlayment (I think its the sound dampening stuff)?
The head liner is another area needing attention; the plastic trim pieces are fragile, as everyone knows, are hard to find if you break/crack one. I'm hesitant to pull the back headliner off due to the seal around the vent, is this something left to a professional installer and let them assume the responsibility if they break it?

G

·
JC Whitney's has the carpet. If the trim pieces are the same as my '93, which I believe they are, you should be able to get them from any Dodge dealer. I ordered new pieces from my dealer last year. 8)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't go off road with the r/c except my driveway which is gravel--the LE Royal has rugs everywhere. I took out the rugs and put down the foilbacked insulation like the stuff used in street rods--keeps it very quiet and cooler, then put the rugs back. also did the inside of the doors. you can buy this stuff in 4 X 25 ft rolls at fleamarkets a lot cheaper than from rod shops.
it would probably work in the roof but I don't know how much room there is between the cardboard headliner and the steel roof.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm at that age too that off roading excursions are becoming fewer and fewer, if only for the reason that I don't want to break anything else on the girl.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I replaced my head liner and its no big deal i went to a local seat cover place and got some nice blue material that they said works and some spray glue stuff. Get the strongest kind you can or it will fall down again. It takes 2 people to do the job, and the vent is no deal just take out the screws on the plastic thing all it does is holds the material up. I think the side trim peices around the windows are snapped on and screwed so you need a pry bar but be carefull because they are fragile i had to appoxy several peices back on.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks MSB,

That's some good insight

Rich

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Auto Custom Carpet carries the carpet for RCs and trucks. It's already preformed so it fits perfectly. It doesn't have any holes drilled in it though. I replaced my carpet with theirs and it fits good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts