Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If all goes as planned, I will be setting up our travel trailer this week in Cloudcroft where we have a year's lease. Since Cloudcroft is fairly central to those of us in southern NM I am considering hosting a Saturday bar-b-que this summer for RCC members.
We could have lunch & spend the afternoon visiting & making plans (Ram Jam, etc.) A time away from the summer heat. Would anyone be interested? If so, you might want to send me your email address if it is hidden on this site.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The trailer is now on the mountain. No trees taken out while backing it into the ledge on the hill.
I'm glad that's over. I will be adding a deck this spring, early summer. It's two miles east of the
ski area on north side of HWY 82. Easy to get to from east or west or from Ruidoso.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Cool! Quite literally cool, I might add. Hmmm Let'see, average drop of 5 degrees per thousand feet increase in altitude... 105 down here... about 85 there. OK, you talked me into it !

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
RamJoe said:
If all goes as planned, I will be setting up our travel trailer this week in Cloudcroft where we have a year's lease. Since Cloudcroft is fairly central to those of us in southern NM I am considering hosting a Saturday bar-b-que this summer for RCC members.
We could have lunch & spend the afternoon visiting & making plans (Ram Jam, etc.) A time away from the summer heat. Would anyone be interested? If so, you might want to send me your email address if it is hidden on this site.
Cloudcroft sound kinda far for me. Why not just rent out the Blue Moon?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an hour & half from Las Cruces, but it is pretty central if members from Carlsbad, Roswell,& Capitan want to meet. We may do a car pool from Las Cruces. Depends on interest. If only Las Cruces & Alamogordo members want to meet then around here is better unless you want to avoid the summer heat. Waiting for more responses.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lot of snow up there last weekend considering it's April. I'll be working on adding a deck on most weekends and that will increase the useable space at our site. The trailer village does has a pavilion. I will find out about the policy for using it in case the interest picks up and more space is needed. Most likely month would be during July. I will provide updates.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The deck's finished. We just need to see if we can pick a workable date for those interested. How about the last Saturday in July?

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
OK Possibility for me.

Wife says yes, what can we bring to help out ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We will be there July 31st and you're invited for lunch & to visit with other RCC members. Long range forecast is high of 71, morning low of 47 with 20% chance of showers. I need a head count by Wednesday evening, the 28th.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts