Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok will a 700R4 tranny that has a 4.3 l bolted to it . Can I do a direct swap for a 350 SB ? As far as the tranny goes and yeah it is a 4wd too . Comes down to i can finda 350 easier and cheaper than 4.3 l . this is a non Vortec as well . it's an 88 GMC Jimmy .

Brian

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
BrianT said:
Ok will a 700R4 tranny that has a 4.3 l bolted to it . Can I do a direct swap for a 350 SB ? As far as the tranny goes and yeah it is a 4wd too . Comes down to i can finda 350 easier and cheaper than 4.3 l . this is a non Vortec as well . it's an 88 GMC Jimmy .

Brian
Yep, the 4.3 was just a SB Chevy with two cylinders hacked off of it. As far as I know it should bolt right up.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
IIRC, Yes, it's the same bolt pattern as a SBC.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool beans now just gwetting all theother parts to make a 350 work like i know hte engine mounts and having hood heigth but i wanna use the TBI still . So do i just use a computer out of a fullsize truck witha 350 TBI in it ? Hmm....i am lking this idea alot more now .

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
I think if you use the donor trucks computer you should be all set. Advance adapters sells a kit to swap it right in, they also sell the pieces seperately I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.