Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get both an eddy intake manifold and headers, but, I can only afford one now. Which would you guys purchase first?

G

·
Headers, you will get far more performance from them than from the intake. In fact, forget the intake. The stock 4bbl cast iron manifold is just as good.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I agree with Primer Grey. Get some new headers now, and then later you can get a used intake. The factory ones are very cheap as long as you don't have to get it shipped. If you really want the aluminum unit, watch the local papers, swap meets, club websites, and good old word-of-mouth for a used one. They generally go for $50 or $60. I picked up a really ugly one some years back for $20, so they are out there.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I don't know why everyone thinks factory intakes outflow the aftermarket intakes.

G

·
Evildriver-3 said:
I don't know why everyone thinks factory intakes outflow the aftermarket intakes.
I'm not saying they outflow aftermarkets. I'm saying they perform just as well on a stock motor with stock heads and valves. If you're going to build a pro stock RC, then sure, you'll probably need the flow characteristics of an aftermarket. A stock motor driven at wheeling speeds will not benefit from an aftermarket manifold, period. Break out your flow bench and figure just how much the increased flow generated by the aftermarket will benefit stocks heads at low rpms. Figure the cost of the unit vs benefits gained. Now figure the cost of headers vs the benefits gained. Huge difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts