Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright this isnt about a dodge sorry(i wouldnt have any problems then), its about a pOS Ford Windstar. The engine shit out on it at 98000 miles and had to be replaced, now the new long block has 23,000 miles on it and it needs new head gaskets and intake gaskets. Ford claims that they dont have to give the warrenty on the intake manifold gaskets since it is not part of the engine. I dont buy this, I told them since the damn thing wont run without it how can you say its not part of the engine. They want 450 to replace the intake gaskets, and the warrenty will cover the head gaskets. Are they really classifing the intake as not part of the engine? Anyone thats has any idea please responde. thanks

G

·
No, it's not considered part of the long block. If the part did not come assembled to the long block motor you bought, it's not covered under their warranty. Sorry.

G

·
You would think it would. The gasket is not part of the warranty on the replacement motor. I'm assuming this motor was installed by a Ford dealer. If so, maybe you can convince them that their installation was defective. After 22k miles, I'm not sure how you would do that. Plead your case to Ford's front office.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
I'm having flash backs of the days when i worked in a Ford garage and the good ol' 3.8 engine. Good Luck

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Sounds to me like you might need a new head gasket ;); they will have to replace the intake while they are in there right? Maybe you could spike you coolant with oil, and put some coolant in your tailpipe (tell them it keeps running hot)? Sorry your getting hassles. I heard a story from a fella about a factory mechanic putting spark plugs in a new ford (aluminum head) while the engine was still hot, and the hole expanded out, 68 miles later the plugs flew out through the hood. NO WARRANTY! They told him 1,800 bucks for new heads. He told them where to go, and traded the truck the same day. Good luck, I hope it works out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts