Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased another 318 engine and on it it had an old high rise intake. I went to mount a Rochester quad off another 318 and the holes aren't even close. The part number on the intake is 21531915-2. Any help would be nice. Thanx guys. ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the hrlp I am looking for is why would a carb fit on one intake and not another. The bolt pattern from one intake to another for the carb tends to be different. And I am curious to why.

·
Registered
736 Posts
LOL Gen1 !!

Yngbld14, there are 2 different 4bbl patterns, one is "spreadbore" and the other is "square". Go to any decent parts stores like Pep Boys, Advance etc..., they have an adaptor.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Same thing with GM.......

G

·
Hey, it's okay Yngbld. I just didn't know what the heck ya wanted. Welcome to the fold. Yeah, your 318 unit sounds like the standard Holley square setup. The spreadbores are Quadrajets and (Carter)Thermoquads.

·
Registered
552 Posts
scots is right. there is an adapter. There were two different bolt patterns used on pretty much most domestic engines (ford, chrysler, gm). The one that has even spacing between the back 2 bolts and the 2 front ones is squarebore. The one where the back bolts are further spaces apart than the front is spreadbore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts