Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 86 rc with the 360 and i am gunna put on a edelbrock preformer 750 carb somebody told me that i need an adapter to put it on can anyone tell me what kind of manafold i have and if i need a adapter for it thank you

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
i think its the bellcrank for the carb linkage set up. unless your putting a spread bore on a square bore intake. then theres an adapter for that.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Edelbrock carbs should have both holes for square bore and spread bore. If anything you just might need a 1 inch carb spacer to clear the linkage or butterfly valves.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
use the spreadbore to squarebore adaptor for two reasons. First allows a better transition from carb to manifold and second reason is for the throttle linkage to clear the EGR valve. You will also need a chrysler throttle adaptor. Edelbrock recommends a 4 hole adaptor verses the open ones, or at least they do for the 600 cfm carbs.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
doesnt matter that ebrock has both holes. you need a sqaurebore to spreadbore adapter to cover up the large holes in the factory intake that was meant for large secondaries. you can just bolt a square bore carb straight to a spreadbore intake.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I agree that you need a squarebore to spreadbore adapter. The manifold you have is a spreadbore, and the carb is a square bore. You can put a square bore carb onto a spread bore manifold, but I certainly wouldn't do it or recommend it. I have seen it done, however.
In addition to the Chrysler throttle lever adapter, you may also need the extension for the transmission kickdown if you have an automatic.
Also, a 750 is a large carburetor for a stock or mild 360.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
750 works great on a 360. I put a 600 edelbrock on a 360 and lost alot of WOT power compared to the thermoquad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts