Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these pics were on old board , back when i thought i broke the transfer case in the cage, this pic is of the tailshaft of tranny with the t case removed

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
once the t case was out i split it between the chain section and range selector box, here is where the differential carrige goes into the range selector box

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is the diff carrige

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thi pic is tryin to sho the engaugement teeth that lock the sliding lock clutch to the diff carrige, mine seem a bit worn here

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the sliding lock clutch, it moves by the lock lever to engauge the diff carrige to the chain for front output

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is a similar pic showing the lockout fork,mine also seems worn here ,it has lost about 1/8 of an inch of metal over its years

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this pic is tryin to show how the fork pulls the lock clutch into the diff carrige, it would be out of the lock position here, if the lever moved to the pics left it would lock the 2 pieces together to make 4 wheel drive possible

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this pic shows the assembley without the case , the outer lever is the range selector and the inner lever is the lock lever, when the lock lever is moved it will pull on the shift fork to cause the 2 to become one and transfer power output to both frnt and back drive

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is a pic of the shifter the pionter is pointing at the hi -lo lever ,this is part of what was wrong with my t case , the inner workings of the shifter moves about an inch before it ever moves the shift lever on the case, the hi -lo worked better than the lock but i could not get it into lock at all

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is the lock lever of the shifter, mine is very wornout ,when i got the truck the previous owner had removed the link to the lock lever and drilled a hole in the shifter mount and put a threaded rod in place to hold it in loc(dumbass moron) i guess he was too cheap(or not smart enuf) to fix it

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts