Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this idea in a catalog and I figured I could make one cheaper then what they were selling it for. I cut the coiled air hose in half and added clamp on chucks to both ends. I used a brass tee to connect to a gauged inflator I bought at WalMart. Now I can inflate or deflate two tires at once. The really nice thing is that you can equalize the pressure in both tires in a single step. A good thing to have if you're running lockers.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
so the blue end connects to the compressor/air source? I see the deflation time coming down, but inflation? If you don't increase the air volume wouldn't it still take so and so long to air up 2 tires combined as it would airing them up one by one? It's late and I might miss something here though. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really doesn't make inflation any faster, just easier. Best part is getting equal pressure in both tires.

Besides, when you get to be 50 years old, doing something slow is fun.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
sorry danny. I guess I was just looking for improvement over my current setup. Cutting my inflation time down would be nice, though it only takes very little time compared to other setups. :)
But it's definitely a nice idea and to bring the standard motto on things like that: how to, how to ;D j/k

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
funny you should mention that Joe. I was thinking about something like this before, but then determined that it's probably not worth the effort. I saw the system on the Unimogs back home and it's pretty sweet though, no doubt.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
joe swinehart said:
hey santak, maybe a homebrew CTS is what you need.

only problem is i cant figure out how the air is delivered to the wheel. i look at these trucks everyday but have not noticed it.
Joe, I would give my left nut for a Hummer like what you guys play with.

But I think a Hummer is worth more. So maybe an arm and a leg too. :)

·
3,752 Posts
Looks good Danny, you looking at some sort of onboard air next?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's on my to-do list. In fact, you're the one to blame for that. I'm certainly impressed with the setup you have.

·
3,752 Posts
PrimerGrey said:
It's on my to-do list. In fact, you're the one to blame for that. I'm certainly impressed with the setup you have.
Cool, sounds like a trip to pull&save for a York comp. is in order. ;D

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
go bigger.
http://search.ebay.com/bendix-tu-fl...Z1QQfromZR10QQsosortpropertyZ1QQsosortorderZ1

have a bendix but havent installed. this thing is built heavier duty than some automobile engines.
full pressure lube with ball bearing mains water cooled on some steel pistons integrated governor/unloader high cfm all kinds of good stuff.

got mine for $40 i think. maybe less. cant remember if they took price down or not.

·
3,752 Posts
That's probably serious overkill for what PG wants, it is cool but not as light or as easy to mount or hook up to the ol'360. my $.02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts