Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all from ITALY, ;D

Since my last post my 1985 Ramcharger is gettin' better, I replaced the old 3 wires alternator for a one wire delco unit whose output at idle exceed 80 A... :D
At this point I have another question: I bought from Summit Racing a set of tubular headers, due to the frightening shipping rate and custom duties I had to switch to the least expensive headers I could find....
I mount them without problem and built a stainless steel exhaust system with straight trough mufflers as the old exhaust system was unuseful with the new exhaust headers.
I noticed a great improvement in torque and power, so I was grateful to Summit Racing for their headers..
It was ten days ago when I had to work on the front axle due to the non engaging CAD when I noticed that the left header is very close to the front Dana 44 :-\, a few inches to be honest.
I checked better the header surface and I saw It had scratches due to the fact the front axle surely hits the lowest part of the header. :\'(
The strange thing is that I have never off roaded the old Ram', besided I chose headers for 4WD Ramchargers, so apart from the fact that Summit could have sent me headers for 2wd trucks, I don't understand how the left header is so close to the axle.
Any good idea to solve the problem ??

Thanks

Marcello

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Actually u can heat the header up with a torch and bend the tube outta the way some . Good to hear from somebody in Italy though and stop in here more often .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys !

I'd like to fit a 2" or 4" lift, but unfortunatelly here in Italy these kits cost a lot of money, however purchasing them in the US would be too much expensive due to the shipping rates.
I'll try to solve the problem with the torch !

Ciao

Marcello

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
What about a 2" body lift? Probably less then $100 cost, just shipping to watch out for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.