Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 40 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
well the jw witney warehouse adress is in the parts wholesalers post...but a good or dcent bodyshop is hoster's aitpbody in lemont..they charger me 1300 for a kinda decent paint job..it has a run but he is gunna pix it..i also had some rust spots and dents and they fixed them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's kinda the $$ I was hoping for. I need to do a repaint to my '79 RC/SE, since the So. Cal. sun was not kind to it over it's lifetime (although no rust is not a bad thing!). I have'nt decided to leave it factory or recolor it to match my '85 Power Ram. Regardless, it needs some attention, as every single piece of trim or badge is loose and I don't want to loose anything!! TT

·
Registered
64 Posts
To be honest with you Matt, I never really thought about it. I've got a core 360 4 speed truck motor for it, awaiting a rebuild. I'm also parting my '82 RC 318 4 speed in order to convert the Power Ram's auto (slipping) and put it behind the fresh 360. Since I've only got the funds for this or the repaint, I'm still on the fence about it.

Let's not hijack this forum anymore, feel free to email me anytime.
Tony

·
Registered
64 Posts
All I planned on keeping is the tranny and everything else required to do the auto conversion (including the steering col.). I was a great winter beater truck for me, original 318 4bbl runs alittle smokey, but butter smooth idle and decent power. Windshield is cracked, very rusty body, but it still drives OK (if you don't mind a leaky fuel line).

Bottom line, I'd really like to do a package deal and roll it off to a good home!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Evildriver-3 said:
Post here to introduce yourselves and join the chapter
Hey whats up.. I'm new to this forum.. I'm on alot of corvette forums.. but anyhow.. I recently bought a 93 ram charger with almost 200K miles.. looks damm nice picked it up for 2600$ it's 4x4 5.9L I think every option it;s the Canyon Sprot package and is red with tan bottom and tan interior.. I'll get some pics posted asap. Anyhow I'm from downers grove.. and I'm thinking of installing a lift kit if anyone has any suggestions on what to buy let me know [email protected]
-Rick

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Welcome aboard Rick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Theramchargerkid said:
hey rick your truck sounds really cool! i wanna see some pics! over time you'll find out that this site is addicting!
Hey you live pretty close to me.. if you ever want to see it in person e-mail me [email protected] I'm looking for some suggestions for a lift kit... and I'm looking to meet some local ram charger enthusiats..
-Rick

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
VetteTech81 said:
Theramchargerkid said:
hey rick your truck sounds really cool! i wanna see some pics! over time you'll find out that this site is addicting!
Hey you live pretty close to me.. if you ever want to see it in person e-mail me [email protected] I'm looking for some suggestions for a lift kit... and I'm looking to meet some local ram charger enthusiats..
-Rick
hey welcome to the chapter! do you ever go to any of the cruises in lemont? theres a big one coming up on september 13th. we should plan a meet or something (who knows? maybe my truck will be driveable)

·
Registered
16 Posts
NOT_A_BLAZER said:
VetteTech81 said:
Theramchargerkid said:
-Rick
hey welcome to the chapter! do you ever go to any of the cruises in lemont? theres a big one coming up on september 13th. we should plan a meet or something (who knows? maybe my truck will be driveable)
No I havn't ususally if its a week night I get out of work around 6 so by the time I get to a show it's late.. I went to the dg car show yesterday.. I usually take the vette out.. I noticed alot of you are closer to my age, I'm 22.. right now I am surfin around looking to find some info on a lift kit. I'm itchin to buy one.. if I don't I'm probably going to spend some money on the LT4 I am building for the vette..
-Rick

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
well this show's on a saturday so there should be a lot of cars there. i'm kind of looking forward to it because i havent been to any cruises or car shows all summer (too busy working on the ramcharger).

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
hey rick, you said you have a red rc right? have you ever been to lemont? im asking because at this property my dad owns, i park all my trucks there. and the guy that lives around there said there was a red r/c checkin out all my trucks. could that have been you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Theramchargerkid said:
hey rick, you said you have a red rc right? have you ever been to lemont? im asking because at this property my dad owns, i park all my trucks there. and the guy that lives around there said there was a red r/c checkin out all my trucks. could that have been you?
Ha nope wasn't me.. I've only seen 2 RC's recently.. one at a gas station that looked just like mine but in black.. and a grey one that had a rebel flag in the back window going down rt 53 last week or something like that.. I was thinking the me, you and nick should get together sometime..

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
that would be cool man. if ya'll want ill be workin on my 85 tmo. (sunday and you can come on down and we can work on trucks and bs a little, i can even get my buddy der to come. as of the 31st of aug he will have a 79 r/c!!! so just im me or nick and give us ur number or we can give u directions 2 my place. nick no's where i got a stash of trucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Theramchargerkid said:
that would be cool man. if ya'll want ill be workin on my 85 tmo. (sunday and you can come on down and we can work on trucks and bs a little, i can even get my buddy der to come. as of the 31st of aug he will have a 79 r/c!!! so just im me or nick and give us ur number or we can give u directions 2 my place. nick no's where i got a stash of trucks.
Yup nick has my number.. I talked to him today..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in Elmhurst........here's my stuff.

95 Dodge Dakota 4x4, 318, NV3500, NP231, 3.23's, 31 inch mudders, Procomp ES1000's. intake, exhaust and igntion work, 2-Hella 500's, 2-Blazer fogs. Daily driver/light duty off-roader......

83 GMC K5 Jimmy, 461, TH350, NP205, 4.56's, 39.5 inch boggers, 8in/3in Superlift lifts, 10 Superlift shock, 2 Superlift stabilizers, swaybar disconnects, braided fuel and brake hoses, monster tranny cooler, sunroof, Autometer gaugesbuilt in to the dash, etc., etc. Mostly a showtruck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Theramchargerkid said:
welcome to the site! im glad more people are on from around here!
Yea, now we all need to get together or plan an event or something.. maybe we should all meet some where and go out to lunch.. I'm on some corvette forums and they have gatherings all the time at the donwers grove hooters and such..
-Rick

21 - 40 of 196 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.