Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my truck from my brother, mods are listed in my profile. Well to start it you turn the key slot and i know that ain't right, im curious on why it don't need a key he said he took out the ignition coil or something like that and it doesn't need a key, well my problem basically is my truck has no doors (love bein *******) so if i take it to school im scared someone will basically start it up n steal it, any suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like the lock cylinder either has a broken chunk of key in it, or its just totaly stripped out. All you should need to do is replace the key cylinder. Unless of course your brother did something real weird to it. Or if your real cheap/lazy you could just pull the coil wire off. Also it he took out the ignition coil you'd have bigger problems

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Install a hidden kill switch on it. Even easier, install a hidden switch in the wire from the igniton to the starter relay. I did this to mine (still requires a key... ::) ), and everything else will work but the starter....3 people know how to get it started, including myself ;D

-SM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts