Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been swiching back and forth between my 318 computer and a 360 one. When you blip the throttle to about 2 Grand with the 360 computer the idle stays high for way to long, with the 318 computer it is fine. 360 computer a little Rich 318 computer a little lean. What is this ISC relearn procedure I cannot find it only for the magnum IAC. Also what is this fuel relearn procedure by turning everything on and off what is everything.how to please. And yes I always use the search function which I think is crap cuz it brings you know where most of the time. When you mat the throttle with the 360 computer and then come up to a stop it idles high for way to long and wants to drive through the brakes. Thanks in advance, it's driving me crazy because Towing my boat with the 318 computer is a real drag literally.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't ask for the adjustment procedure I had asked for a relearn procedure. But we can talk about that also, I had previously adjusted the motor to 2800 RPMs drove the vehicle around with the 318 computer for a week Idol was 700 rpm. Put the 360 computer back in readjusted to 2850 RPMs idle is still 700. Should I keep adjusting till I get to 750 RPM. Also it does this with the 360 computer not the 318 computer . And it also did it before I put a bunch of new parts on throttle body and all its junk.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way doc you sure love that picture. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
What ToxicDoc posted is the only service information related to the Throttle kicker motor. A relearn would usually consist of disconnecting the battery overnight or for some period of time to reset the computer. it will relearn as you drive. The newer systems take several drive cycles to relearn completely. you may have to give it more time to learn. Both the 318 and 360 computers should essentially be "reset" when you swap it in because they have not been powered. Can you watch the butterfly/throttle kicker setup to confirm it is actually holding the butterfly open with the 360 computer and causing the hanging idle?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
  These are way primitive computers.  There isn't a relearning as in even slightly new versions  (magnums ).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put the 318 computer back in again and when you blip the throttle the idle goes to about 1200 or so and comes back down rapidly about few seconds

I can try and watch The Pusher but it does not do it with the 318 computer the Idol comes down smoothly and quickly.w/ the 360 comp. It stays high for too long That is with the old ISC and the new ISC.old isc did not work correctly, but the idle still came down rather quickly with the 318 computer. Should I keep adjusting the ISC past 2850 RPMs to achieve my 750 rpm in park. The old ISC ran my tach right at 750 RPMs in park
Till it gave up the ghost and the vehicle wouldn't start without throttle so I think my tach is pretty much on. I really believe it's the 360 computer. It's kind of frustrating cuz the 360 computer the throttle response is way better off idle then the 318. Should I keep adjusting past the 2850 RPM? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only sensors that haven't been changed yet are the O2 sensor and the map sensor but also I haven't done much testing.

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
Why on Earth would you think that the 318 and 360 computers would operate the same on the same engine?  The 318 computer is for a 318, the 360 computer is for a 360.  End of story.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why so brief E why does it have to be the end of the story🤔

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about the Shelby Dakota upgrade for the 318 which consisted of a 360 computer 360 throttle body template to enlarge your manifold and a Flowmaster type Muffler, Mopar performance parts sold .you were a parts guy correct. You have the wisdom I do not.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feel like I just got yelled at by my father😭 with no explanation

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
The 318 computer is designed to fulfill the needs of a stock 318 engine.  The 360 computer is designed to fulfill the needs of the stock 360.  There are a great many differences in the 318 and 360 TBI engines, namely the throttle body and, per the factory, the fuel injectors.  As the fuel and air demands are different at the basic programming level, is it really any surprise that the 360 computer runs a little odd on the 318?  Commonly these swaps are done with the 360 computer and throttle body together, and even then they do not run "correctly" in the strictest terms.  These computers have very little leeway in what they can tolerate, unlike Brand X versions which seem to be more flexible.  The allowed parameters are pretty narrow by comparison and as such, pretty much any parts swapping tends to make them freak out a bit.  I seriously doubt you will be able to "trick" the 360 computer into running on a 318 with the 318 throttle body correctly and no amount of "learning" or adjustment is going to change that.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you E ,do you think i should adjust the ASC past 2850 rpm or just leave it be? Im ideling at 700 that was also w/ 318 computer

·
Super Moderator
14,324 Posts
Jeffy45 said:
By the way doc you sure love that picture. Thanks in advance
Anyone asks about idle speed, this is the standard response ;)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok Doc i appreciate it. Don't think i dont. The 360 computer gives me the throttle response on take off,but also comes w/it's trade offs of doing weird  shit.i guess my next step will be some 3:90 gears and that should help alot. Waiting on funds. 🤗

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.