Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing that when I let off the gas the exhaust kind of pops. Took the plugs out and they have a slight whiteish color to them. Sighs of running hot right? I have tried to richen the mix, but then she sucks gas down. What do you guys and gals have to say on the topic?

Thanks Birk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No lean burn system. 318, with a edelbrock 4bbl intake and carter 625 4 bbl carb. Could timing have something to do with it? I have not checked my timing in quite some time.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
To help getting your gas/air mixture accurate I bought a air fuel ratio guage from autozone. It was around 25 or so. It will tap in to your oxygen sensor. So far it seems to work pretty well. Since all the computer/emmission were taken off the truck I purchased a single wire oxygen sensor and welded a bung on the exhaust and it has worked pretty good. I know I am running right at the ideal/rich side. Just a thought.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have any 02 sensors on the truck, but you covered that at the end of you reply. I am running duel exhaust from headers. I am not a welding person, dont own one and dont know how to operate a welder. Any ideas on how to do this? Will a muffler shop weld one in? Thanks for the info on the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
A muffler shop should be able to weld a bung in for you. I think I had 15 minutes involved to drill the hold and weld the bung on. I used a single wire oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been thinking about the fuel/air mixture guage as told above. Questions about it? With the two headers and exhaust, I need two O2 sensors right? How about the meter itself. Can you rig two sensors into one meter? I want to go with the one wire hook up sensor. Thanks BB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts