21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
BurnOut said:
So how was the move SM?
One word: Expensive

Another word: Frustrating.

I had reserved an auto-trailer with U-Haul so I could tow my '87 D150 down with me. Incidentally, about 1/2 of everything I own was in the cab or bed of teh '87, the other 1/2 in the bed of my 2000 Ram. U-Haul was supposed to call me the day before I picked up the trailer to tell me which location to pick it up at. Hearing nothing from them, I called them about 20 minutes before 5 PM. They tell me I have to pick it up in North Pole (15 miles away, not happy, but I could deal with it)

Next day (day of move) they call and tell me they don't have a trailer. :mad: I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Uhaul corporate giving them a *small* portion of my mind and what I thought of their company. I asked them what I was supposed to do and if they always screw people over like this and I basically got a "sorry, better luck next time". They offered to "let" me pick up a trailer in Whitehorse (600 miles away) for the oh-so excellent discout of $100. I will never use Uhaul for anything, ever, ever again. And I will not let anyone I know ever use them either. I promised the smug **** on the phone at corporate that.

So, I left without my '87 and the 1/2 of my stuff that was in it. It is currently stored in my grilfriend's parents garage (still in Alaska). I bought an autotrailer from the girlfriends' father's friend, and my old man said he would tow the '87 down to me sometime in March. So in the end, I will get my truck, the rest of my stuff, and have a trailer for the '87 to-boot. Cost about 4 times as much, but oh well.

I've been meaning to make a post about my move, but haven't really had the time lately (this is the quasi-short version ;) )

Anyway, I'm here! It's warm (to me, 45 above is better than 50 below :eek: ), the new job is okay, I like my new place, gas is cheap(er), and the girlfriend is only 300 miles away instead of 2400. ;D

-SM

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Well I'm glad you made it, fiasco or not. Glad you're enjoying the weather and the new city. It's absolutely beautiful in Moscow today, sun's shining for the first time in weeks. If you're ever up in this area visiting and want to feel young again, give me a call. I'll take you to a frat party and tell them you're a fifth year, haha.

And a question. I've got a line on a 72 (I think) slant six that "ran when removed" and has been in a garage since then. It's mostly complete, and the guy says if I pick it up next time I'm in town I can have it for $60. Good buy?
Derek

G

·
Slanted_Mind said:
One word: Expensive

Another word: Frustrating.

I had reserved an auto-trailer with U-Haul so I could tow my '87 D150 down with me. Incidentally, about 1/2 of everything I own was in the cab or bed of teh '87, the other 1/2 in the bed of my 2000 Ram. U-Haul was supposed to call me the day before I picked up the trailer to tell me which location to pick it up at. Hearing nothing from them, I called them about 20 minutes before 5 PM. They tell me I have to pick it up in North Pole (15 miles away, not happy, but I could deal with it)

Next day (day of move) they call and tell me they don't have a trailer. :mad: I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Uhaul corporate giving them a *small* portion of my mind and what I thought of their company. I asked them what I was supposed to do and if they always screw people over like this and I basically got a "sorry, better luck next time". They offered to "let" me pick up a trailer in Whitehorse (600 miles away) for the oh-so excellent discout of $100. I will never use Uhaul for anything, ever, ever again. And I will not let anyone I know ever use them either. I promised the smug **** on the phone at corporate that.

So, I left without my '87 and the 1/2 of my stuff that was in it. It is currently stored in my grilfriend's parents garage (still in Alaska). I bought an autotrailer from the girlfriends' father's friend, and my old man said he would tow the '87 down to me sometime in March. So in the end, I will get my truck, the rest of my stuff, and have a trailer for the '87 to-boot. Cost about 4 times as much, but oh well.

I've been meaning to make a post about my move, but haven't really had the time lately (this is the quasi-short version ;) )

Anyway, I'm here! It's warm (to me, 45 above is better than 50 below :eek: ), the new job is okay, I like my new place, gas is cheap(er), and the girlfriend is only 300 miles away instead of 2400. ;D

-SM
damn that sucks! glad you made it down ok though. how you likin' the capital city so far? and where do you work, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Thanks for putting those up Eric! It was a fun project. It's all MOPAR!!! I can't wait to do my own. Welcome to Idaho SM. Glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ya I got it to run with Josh Emerson but still need to do quite a bit more to it so it can run whenever I want it to, it just has horrible gas in it and my gas pedal linkage is diconnected, and I'm kinda lazy and basketball practice eats up all my daylight, it ends soon though.

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
BurnOut said:
And a question. I've got a line on a 72 (I think) slant six that "ran when removed" and has been in a garage since then. It's mostly complete, and the guy says if I pick it up next time I'm in town I can have it for $60. Good buy?
Derek
Sounds like a good buy to me. I would suggest a compression check, and a look under teh valve cover to see if everything is still getting oiled (cranking theengine with thestarter for a compression check should be more than enough time for the oil pump to send oil to the rockers)

People buy slants with 100k miles from junkyards, that have been sitting outside for years, swap them in and run them another 100k miles. Slants are tough little bastards. They can really only be killed through gross neglect. :)

mudbong said:
how you likin' the capital city so far? and where do you work, if you don't mind me asking?
Haven't had much chance to really explore yet. Still learning my way around, but so far Boise seems like a good place. :) I work for a small private engineering company in Meridian, Riedesel & Associates.

Thanks for the welcome Jay. Sorry I hijacked your thread.... :eek:

-SM

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
No sweat m'man, my moms taught me how to share...:)

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Why does Idaho even have a board, we could just thrive in one thread... haha.

Derek

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Tsk Tsk. All these 4x4's. I guess I have to throw a 2x into the mix. ;D

-SM

·
17,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
aaron, your a show off. lol ;D

all i can type, the rest of the keys are covered in drool. lol

that is a NICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE ride :eek: :eek:

eric

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I love the cheesy 70's Plymouth logo on the tailgate of that TD.

·
Registered
12 Posts

here is mine.....

60's front and rear....both locked

40 inch iroks winch...blah blah

·
17,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
canoncrawler, very nice looking truck. is it possible to get that thing stuck? lol

i see you signed up in january, but this is one of the first posts i have seen of yours, so here is a slightly belated welcome aboard. look forward to meeting you. also, have you met revjaybear yet? he is in IF as well

eric

·
Registered
12 Posts

another......the Crack in moab...before the 1 ton swap....

·
17,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
ok not a truck or an RC but i guess we can allow this as well

I don't know if any of you have seen this boat floating around town or not, but this car belongs to my brother (good friends of Derek). I first thought it was an eyesore parked on the street but i soon gained a respect for it because of being constantly pinned to the seat when my brother drives. Grin Here is a photo of the beast! Shocked

eric

·
17,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Tim's (Frankentruck) ride

http://
[img]http://www.geocities.com/allianceofsteel99/images/truckpics006.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Frankentruck, very appropriate name I now see, haha. Did ya get that upright compressor out of the deal?

derek

21 - 40 of 56 Posts