Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
17,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals,

i think we need to get a post started here about what parts all of us have that we dont need and also what parts we need that we dont have. this way we can help each other out both in parts and cost savings. i know if it wasnt for parts swapping i wouldnt have near as many parts laying around as i do and i am sure i have stuff some of you guys can use and vice versa.

also , wouldnt mind adding a post that lists all known good j/y's with an abundance of good old mopar parts.

let me know what you guys think, if it is a go i will consider making it a sticky post so it can be updated regularly.

also, if it works then you guys will either have to help keep it updated or let me know so i can update it when/if you get rid of parts on the list or gain new ones to add to the list.

let me know what you all think

eric

·
17,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
as far as parts places

gibsons truck and auto in heyburn has quite a few old mopar parts

C Bass in payette has a lot as well

and depending on the part

auto wrex in burley sometimes has quite a few

eric

·
Registered
97 Posts
On the subject of parts locating, Interstate Towing near Eden (between Twin Falls and Burley)  has alot of 70's & up trucks and R/C's.  Usually half the price of other yards around here too.  Just beware of the snakes and rats that now call most of them home.  I've soiled drawers encountering them out there.  Their number is 825-4144.  They'll let you drive up to the wreck and pull parts, too.

EDIT: one note on this guy, he does have a lot of parts and stuff for setting in the middle of the desert, but having had some dealings with him i wanted to toss in my 2 cents.

this guy usually has really good prices on stuff, and as was stated, he will let you drive right up to the parts truck and get what you need. only unpleasant dealings i have had with him are the following: if he quotes you a really good price on something, BUY IT RIGHT THEN. i had called about an LS diff for my ranger and he told me he had one and i could have both the front and rear matching axles for $200. didnt have the money right then. so i went down about 1 1/2 months later with the money and asked him about LS diffs, his exact reply was "well, if i got one out there you can have the diff for $325". so his price had changed dramatically

which leads me to my next disagreement with him. i figured i was there, i might as well go see if he did happen to have an LS diff. he would not let me remove any differential covers off of any axles at all, even though i had reassured him that i would happily replace any covers i pulled off. regardless of promises or offers of a deposit for any damage, he would not change his mind. i am sorry, but i refuse to buy a used axle without inspecting the inside of it first. who knows without pulling the cover, exactly what gears are in it, wether it actually is an LS or an open diff, or exactly what condition the diff and gears are in.

other than that, he is a pretty decent guy and most of the stuff in his yard has not been picked to death by parts hounds, YET

1 - 3 of 3 Posts