Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was one of our mens work days at church. We are trying to beautify the outside of our church, since it sat empty for a few years  before we got it, the lawn is non-existent and the parking lot is dirt. Our plan was to turn the lawn over a few times, burying what little grass was there was. Then mix in some compost from the dump, spread some grass seed and water it. We also planted some evergreen bushes up front by the doors. We wanted to spread some gravel up front and on both sides of the building in the parking lots but no place wsa open to buy some, on a SATURDAY, lol. We also planned to get the rest of the posts set for the fence but ran out of time.

I felt good when I got home after working half the day. This morning? I can hardly move, lol! Still feels good though, I hate sitting around the house.

Chris

G

·
I hate it when that happens. I will most likely be in the same condition by the end of the week. Now that life has calmed down for me I can resume my 150 miles a week commute to work on my bicycle. After sitting out for about 6 months I think the first week is going to hurt a little.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
gmule said:
I hate it when that happens. I will most likely be in the same condition by the end of the week. Now that life has calmed down for me I can resume my 150 miles a week commute to work on my bicycle. After sitting out for about 6 months I think the first week is going to hurt a little.
Will give new meaning to saddle sore....

I hate running. I take these long breaks and then have to start again. Sucks. First few miles kill me. Then the running days kill me.... right when I start getting used to it winter shows up or something and I have to start all over.

G

·
After the ride home last night I would rather be saddle sore. I was taking a drink of water from my water bottle when I Hit a softball sized river rock that someone had left on the mup. I now have a nice case of road rash, another cut above my eye. At least I didn't need any stitches or break any bones. I will need to replace my helmet and give my bike a good looking over. I was able to continue riding it home at a much slower pace.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Any video of that? ;D  Glad you're ok.  I've done something like that before.  When I ran a paper route, the empty bag got caught between the front wheel and the forks.  Instant brake.  The bike landed upside down on its seat about 6 inches from my head.  That would have been a bad headache.

Randall

G

·
Any video of that?
lol no video for this one. This crash wasn't too bad I was going slower since it was night and I ended up sliding into the grass minimizing some of the road rash.

BCAA really helps stave off those day-after and 2days-after cramps.
What is BCAA? I rarely have any of those issues unless I am riding distances over 70 miles with lots of climbing.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
dodge88 said:
Any video of that? ;D Glad you're ok. I've done something like that before. When I ran a paper route, the empty bag got caught between the front wheel and the forks. Instant brake. The bike landed upside down on its seat about 6 inches from my head. That would have been a bad headache.

Randall
Last time I did something like that on a bike I was 13 or 14 years old and fell off when I wasn't watching where i was going, too busy watching the road below the bike for whatever reason. Got home all banged up and my dad asked what happened. Told him some punk kid in a blue for taurus swerved at me and I had to jump off the bike. I was too embarassed to say that "I didn't know how to ride a bike". Little I know he would drag me down to the police station to file a report! :eek: I still haven't fessed up to that one!

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
gmule said:
What is BCAA? I rarely have any of those issues unless I am riding distances over 70 miles with lots of climbing.
Branch Chain Amino Acids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branched-chain_amino_acids

While it mentions burn victims using it for recovery, anyone who is experiencing strenuous activity benefits from it. Assists in the rebuild/repair of muscle tissue more rapidly.

It's not some miracle pain killer, but on a regular basis does reduce those aches.

For a while, I was on an intense exercise/work routine and it really helped keep me in the gym. Working 70 hours a week in a physical environment, it is easy to make excuses on why not to go to the gym, especially if the soreness interferes with work. Yet I was still able to find myself there 5-6 days a week even after 12-14 hours at work, because I simply was recovering faster. Before that, the same work out routines were leaving me unable to fully extend my arms/legs or abs w/o shaking.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Me too.  When I started playing racquetball again, I played 3-4 games at a time and wasn't really that sore, so I thought I was still in decent shape.  I did about 1/2 of a lifting routine with a friend, and I could not walk without pain for almost a week.  My legs felt like the muscle was being ripped from the bone.  It hurt to sit down.  It hurt to get up.  It was awful.  When I told my friend, he just laughed and said I barely did half of his workout with him.  I guess I was pretty out of shape in the musclebuilding aspect.

Randall

1 - 12 of 12 Posts