Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
I was scammed! I had placed my 87 RC for sale here last month.. And
a man by the name of Carl Cole ofered to buy my truck he was the so called "agent" sent a cashiers check for over the amount I was asking not alot over but asked me to wire the remaining amount to him which I did.. The check cleared this past Monday or so I thought... Then got a letter in the mail from my bank. Yesterday. and I now owe my bank $4,000!
I am in the process of contacting the police and printing out everything I have email wise! PLEASE PLEASE do'nt anyone else fall for this!!
Once again his name is Carl Cole email is through yahoo...
Thanks
Lisa Kelly
PS I still have my truck thank God!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
and this is why you n ever wire money back.... if they request it they are trying to scam you! someone tried this with me on my71 dart and i said hell no!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys the check cleared on Monday or so I and the bank thought.... I thought a cashiers check was as good as Gold... but I guess not anymore....... The bank actually held the check for 1 week! In order for it to clear.. Who would of thought? Guess I am just still naive and gullable...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I would of checked this board before I was stupid enough to of fallen for this! The police have all of the info now and they are hopefully going to track this Scumbag down....

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
asil347 said:
I wish I would of checked this board before I was stupid enough to of fallen for this! The police have all of the info now and they are hopefully going to track this Scumbag down....
:-\ :-[ :\'( Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Sorry to hear this happened to you, but you got luckier than some. One lady shipped her car (a mint 57 Chevy Belair convertable), and wired out the balance. Atleast you still have your truck. Contact the FBI about this too. They have a fraud division that deals with this. Unfortunetly, nothing will probably come of it though, as most of these scammers are located in other countries that are not subject to prosecution by US authorities.

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
you need to read the wording of thier e-mails you usually can tell if its a scam or not.
I'd also never take a check for over the amount of the item being sold.That sounds shady by itself.
I got the same e-mail when i sold my van on here,I just ignored it.

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
I hate scammers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts