Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this board and finding it very helpful! but I need to rebuild the front end on my 85 ramcharger. what I was wondering was what I can do to beef up my front axle since I have to rebuild it anyways. I want to put locking hubs and beefed up joints. but I don't know what is available for my rig.
thanks

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Other than that, about all you can do for beef is get some chromomoly axle shafts and make some trusses for it, otherwise if you want beef you better start thinging 1 ton.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can I get the beefier joints, shafts, and locking hubs? who makes them??

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
newtacharger said:
I'm new to this board and finding it very helpful! but I need to rebuild the front end on my 85 ramcharger. what I was wondering was what I can do to beef up my front axle since I have to rebuild it anyways. I want to put locking hubs and beefed up joints. but I don't know what is available for my rig.
thanks
locking hubs can be bought from mile marker, warn, and a few others, look at about $75-100 for a set of them. fairly simple swap. when oyu do this you will also need to permanently lock your CAD system. this is not to hard to do.

as far as stronger shafts and u-joints. call around to a few places, moser and strange i think are 2 of the companies that make these

eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts