Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
There weren't any Dana 60s used by Dodge that had a CAD until afer the 94 redesign. Simlpe thing to do is just keep the hubs locked all the time.

Ed

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
You wouldn't move...

Ed

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
Murdoch said:
i'd still have rear wheel drive of course, i mean would there be any damage to either my t case or front axle?
shawn
Without the front axle engaged on a full time 4x4, even though you haven't messed with the rear drivetrain, it still will not move. The reason is your t-case has a differential like your axles. The differential is an open diff whenever you don't have the t-case in either lock position. Therefore without the front axle hooked up, the diff will send all torque to the unhooked end, and absolutely no torque will be left over to turn the rear drivetrain, anotherwords you go no where. To move with a fulltime t-case equipped truck where you have removed the front drivetrain, and where you didn't install a part time conversion, you need to shift the t-case into either Hi or Low Lock

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.