Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i wanna convert my D60 front to full time because i have a 203 T case so with lock out things aren't gonna be much better. but, my axle is from a 93 cummins, with internal lockouts, can i just order drive flanges or should i look for older external hubs? or should i just stay with lockouts?
shawn

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i looked around for info on this, apparently the internal setup is stronger, so i wanna stick with internals, but are full time drive flanges my best bet?
shawn

·
Registered
891 Posts
No, I don't think you have to worry about that. Just leave the hubs locked all the time. By internal you mean its got the CAD setup, right? You should just have to switch it once I think then it'll be locked forever? Not sure about that new-fangled stuff, all my trucks are fulltime.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
There weren't any Dana 60s used by Dodge that had a CAD until afer the 94 redesign. Simlpe thing to do is just keep the hubs locked all the time.

Ed

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i mean i have the internal hub lockouts, but really what would happen if i unlocked them with a full time case?

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
You wouldn't move...

Ed

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RXT said:
You wouldn't move...

Ed
i'd still have rear wheel drive of course, i mean would there be any damage to either my t case or front axle?
shawn

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Murdoch said:
i'd still have rear wheel drive of course, i mean would there be any damage to either my t case or front axle?
shawn
Without the front axle engaged on a full time 4x4, even though you haven't messed with the rear drivetrain, it still will not move. The reason is your t-case has a differential like your axles. The differential is an open diff whenever you don't have the t-case in either lock position. Therefore without the front axle hooked up, the diff will send all torque to the unhooked end, and absolutely no torque will be left over to turn the rear drivetrain, anotherwords you go no where. To move with a fulltime t-case equipped truck where you have removed the front drivetrain, and where you didn't install a part time conversion, you need to shift the t-case into either Hi or Low Lock

Ed

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh i see now, i figured it would still move but not put power to the front hubs. well doesn't that suck, time to look for a 205
shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts