Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 1977 dodge utiline 440 dana 60s front/rear np435 203/205 doubler 3.55 38in super swamper boggers rcc shackle flip (4in) plus 4in lift system (no blocks) and a 2in body lift and hydro assist.
am i thinking to much or is high steer better than crossover for my truck?

do i go with 2 or 3 and what is the pro and cons of each

2 crossover steering

3 high steer

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
I believe Sam has a form of high steer with crossover steering. It has the tie rod on the top side of the knuckles instead of the bottom side. Is that what is refered to as High steer?

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hope he dose i am not totaly sure what highsteer is all i know is that it aparently gets the tie rods up above the axle
i need clarification on them both

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
This is a picture of a high steer set from ebay. I would have posted the link but I couldn't figure out how to sign out first.
Look up Dana 60 on ebay, and you'll find them.

There are lots of different kinds of high steer kits out there. I am still quite undecided what ones I should use myself, becuase of the way my truck is lifted.

With a set of these, it looks like I may have to relocate my shock mounts to make a set like this work. And I think my rims and tires would rub too, because of my offset.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Nice, I'll have to think about a set like that too. Now I have to crawl under my truck again. :)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
swamthang said:
hey sam who did you get them from or do you have specs on them so i can build them my self?
Yea What He Said

You out of all people, How can you post parts like that without info :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts