Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into a local "mom & pop" parts house today to find a carb kit for my Carter BBD. I haven't been in this store in maybe 10 years & they likely don't get 5-10 customers a day. They are a forgotten entity in a unnoticeable location, probably only able to survive due to having been there for decades. No debt.

Anyways imagine my surprise when I was wandering around & spotted those dusty/corroded spray bottles of Wesley's. This is the potent original version that disappeared around 2013, not the current "Black Magic " garbage that everybody carries. He gave me the "all for $5" price just to clear his shelf, says nobody comes in there anymore for those shelf items & likely has more in back that he'd get rid off. This is as close to a barn find as I'll ever get.  8)

And no, as luck would have it, didn't have a kit for my BBD  :(

Bucky

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
All the independent shops are long gone here, but I remember them well when I drive by the old locations. Good service and good parts, ahh those were the days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.