Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Ramcharger 360 Royal SE
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm not exactly new as I've been on here bugging people with questions about potential RCs for a few... well I finally got one, an 88 Royal SE with a 360 and 71k miles. It's got a 4" Tough Country lift and near immaculate interior. I know she's a good one simply because I did a (potentially) really stupid thing, flew in to buy it and drove it back the next day 1300 miles. I had no hiccups, and she did great. The only issue is the wipers aren't working and I went through three rain storms which had me white knuckling it for a good 3 hours of the drive. So at least now my questions will be restricted to one particular truck and not all RCs ever made...

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. Congrats. Check wiper motor ground - a common failure and solved often by adding a ground wire to the case.
Actually, motor spins, but no wiper movement. So it’s some mechanical issue

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice on the wipers.... I'm assuming these are motor unit bushings you're referring to and not bushings in the 'post motor assembly' (simply because I'd think there would still be some motion/vibration seen in the wipers if that was the case) If so, would those all be within a new motor if purchased? Realizing a few bushings is a lot cheaper than a motor, $40 may well be cheaper than beer and bandaids needed to swap out motor bushings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent, thanks all. bushings and tool purchased. We'll see how this all goes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quick update. I fixed the wipers (thanks for the input) just a single bushing needed to be installed and it's working fine now. Here are a couple things I learned.

This tool...

Sleeve Rectangle Electric blue Magenta Fashion accessory

Not needed / useful at least on my era of truck.

Also, the instructions provided on removing the wipers by 'prying the tab away' didn't translate correctly in my head (reading them now after the fact does however). I was thinking more bending the tab outward but once off the attachments made a lot more sense.

Plant Automotive tire Bicycle part Grass Tree

Here is the tab slid out from the base of the wiper arm

And here is the bottom of the arm to show the mechanism and how it's 'locked on' to the wiper head

Automotive tire Grass Wood Bicycle part Glove

I put this up here just in case someone else does a search for 'how to remove wiper arms' and needs a bit more of a visual explanation.

Thanks again for the assist and the welcome, now onto the 217 other things I either need or want to address...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts