Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Actually, motor spins, but no wiper movement. So it’s some mechanical issue
I just had the same problem. I replaced all the bushings and they work great. The bushings are a bitch to replace. Have fun. Beautiful rig!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Make sure you take pictures of the orientation of all parts before you take them out. Remove the short little arm attached to the motor too. (It only goes on one way. Can't screw that one up.)
Put the whole system together on the bench and slide the whole system back in as one unit.
Put the bushings in all the holes with the notches first. Then press them onto the opposing posts.
I put a socket under the end of the arm, set the bushing in place in the hole with the notch, and then whacked it a few times with a rubber mallet to set the bushing into the hole.
Then I put a 5/8 socket over the bushing that is set in the hole, put the arm with the post in place, and pressed them together with a C clamp. (The 5/8 socked kinda snapped onto the bushing and stayed in place while setting up the rest of the stuff)
(That may all make sense when you look at them.)

Reactions: JUNKYARDTOM

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Yeah I have the same wiper issue too. I just don’t feel like fixing it since I’m not driving the RC in the rain anymore. Apparently there’s a wiper removal tool you can get which makes it a lot easier for our trucks. Seen an old timer on YouTube do it in a few minutes.
I'm sure it will make it easier. I use a small flat head screwdriver to wedge the tab away from the groove, and then work the arm off. PITA! Requires three hands. lol

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Will that tool work? On my 77 the release tab is under the arm, not on the outside. Do you still need a screwdriver to release the tab and then use that tool to pry it off?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
This is the video I seen with the tool.

I’m unfamiliar of the 70s set ups unfortunately but it looks like it just uses leverage as long as you can hook it.
OK, thanks. I see that arm still has the spring clip on it, so the tool must apply enough force to override the spring tension. Cool!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Ah. Very different from the 70's models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts